Monday, August 26, 2013

Essence: Dive With Me To The Island & My Treasure Island

*runs sliding into the room* I'm here! I'm here. *pants* I'm here. lol I know it's late. 10:28pm CST as I'm starting. Going to try and be quick and not get distracted so I can post before midnight. Hopefully well before so I can start getting up earlier. AH! No rambling!

Yes, I'm a bad bad girl. Swatching polishes from hauls I haven't even posted yet. Sorry. lol The idea started when Norma sent me this link to an awesome neon gradient mani applied over white crackle! Hey! I have white crackle! :D I just did a neon gradient, though, so I tried to switch things up a bit. I started with one coat of China Glaze Elephant Walk, covered that over with Julep Hermoine and then two coats of each of the swatchy colors. With alternating accents to bring my two hands together. They were both a bit sheer, so wherever the color is lighter is the color it would be if I had just swatched normally over white like a normal person. :p



Ta-da! Yes, I got the three (available in the US, we missed out on #3 which was an orange) polishes from the Ticket To Paradise trend edition. Just in time, too, because HEB already dismantled the display and dropped the makeups in the random bowls they have around the Sun Kissed display. Weird!

Dive With Me To The Island is quite a mouthful, but also a very lovely turquoise-ish sky-ish blue. Two coats, perfect dry time in spite of the underlying layers.



I actually like how My Treasure Island looks over the crackle combo better. Because it's more sheer... which is probably the only time I'll say "I like it better because it's more sheer". :p Two coats, same amazing dry time.



I actually ended up with two hauls. The first I told you about but didn't have a picture yet.



Halley's Comet (YAY!), Dive With Me To The Ocean, Tropical Heat, and My Treasure Island. Obviously. lol The second one occurred today because I have absolutely no self-control when it comes to polish anymore.



Flirting Nails, Laced Up, Strapped, Leather Loose, ATTEN Hut! and Beauty Is A Battlefield!. I got the Sinful Colors because they're supposed to all be matte. Those are on sale 2/$3 so I may get the other two (or so?) that I didn't grab. The Wet n Wild are supposed to be textured. Those are $4/bottle, though, and I didn't find that out until I was in the car looking at my receipt so I will not be getting any more of those... Which is just as well. These were the best looking ones anyway. Now, Sinful Colors can be kind of wonky about matte and not-matte and re-bottling polishes and the store clerks can end up combining displays to save room, so I had to do a quick swatch to see if these were, in fact, matte before I go out getting any more.



Looks like all but Flirting Nails. I expected a matte sort of nude taupe kind of color? But it looks gold to me. The other three are a-okay so I'll likely get the rest. ;) I will also do some proper swatches of those for linking. Can't very well use that mess, eh? Tomorrow I'm going to swatch Cotton Candy (super sheer) and do a traditional french because... I picked up the Natural White french tipping polish from the essence display... I nearly got... what's it called? Flat White? But I figured I have regular white polish. I already know I don't like the brush as much as the Yves Rocher version, but you can hear all about that tomorrow. LOL

'Til then I hope everyone had a terrific weekend. You guys are the best!! I'll leave you with this picture of the (mostly) open road between Waxahachie and the I35 junction. The clouds were just too weird looking in real life, but I'm not sure it really translated. *shrugs* Have a great week! (^_^)"/"



8 comments:

  1. I really like the teal combo, it looks the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. ^_^ I thought they looked cute together, too.

      Delete
  2. Hehe! Now I"m even more annoyed I got rid of my white crackle!! I saw the SC leather collection...I donno the colours weren't super unique (not that they all have to be) except the brown sparkly one. I liked the look but thought 'eh I'll use a matte top coat'. That'll keep me at bay for a while hehe. I'm still fixated on re-discovering my love/hate of magnetics so maybe that'll help the old wallet too hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh good luck! I thought about that since I have, like, five bottles of matte topcoat, but... it doesn't always look the same. ;) I know, rationalizing. lol YES! Magnetics. Need to dig out my magnets and see what I was thinking with the face... I know I have a nude magnetic polish, just not sure which designs I was thinking of.

      Delete
  3. I like the green a lot haven't used crakle for ages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. :D I can't seem to stop using crackle... LOL

      Delete
  4. I never thought to paint over crackle. I got some white crackle hanging out, I think I will give this a go.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!