Saturday, August 10, 2013

Essence: Do You Speak Love? +Plus

Well? Do you? ;) Essence's Do You Speak Love? is red, yes, but it doesn't bother me that much. It is semi-sheer, but that doesn't bother me much either. This is two coats, with topcoat to really bring out the shine.



Do You Speak Love? is actually a bit darker in real life; bordering on maroon. Dry time was phenomenal.



It is one of those weird super pigmented jellies, so clean-up took forever, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this one.

I decided to give that not-quite-metallic 'bronze' eyeshadow another go. It's called... (35) Party All Night and was in the core display.



Sorry! Didn't realize having the sun behind me would glare it up that badly. LOL It's not quite as shiny as I wanted, but... it's a much lighter bronze/brown than the one I've been working with.



Much more subdued. Damn near "natural" compared to the makeups I usually wear! LOL Also you can see me rockin' that Cover Girl/Olay 2-in-1 concealer. Got some wrinkles from my old-lady sagging, but the dark circles are all but gone! :D So much better. Thanks, Norma, for the recommendation!

So... one of Aaron's friends (okay, I guess he's kinda like my friend, too, but don't tell anybody I said that) inherited a fish. Yep, just one fish. I could go on for days, but long story short: The previous owner just gave up on the tank. So the bottom feeder is all that's left. Now, this friend doesn't have any experience with fish tanks and I grew up with one (for years) so I'm trying to help save this poor thing after he replaced most of the tank water with tap water... So in the interest of killing two birds with one stone I went to the PetCo for supplies. Ya know, because it's right next to Ulta. ;)



Got two more Maybellines, on clearance for $1.99; Silver Stunner (crackle) and Styled Out (denim). Now... that essence...



One the left is #118 Little Miss Sunrise that I picked up the other day, on the right is #166 Mister Rusty that I picked up today. So tomorrow I'm doing a comparison so we can see wtf is up with these two suspiciously similar looking polishes. In the meantime I still have a ton of cleaning to do (and some pH and alkalinity balancers to pick up) so I will see y'all tomorrow! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Pretty red jelly! Love the eye shadow color too! If you can get the Maybelline polish to 'crack' please tell me your secret, I have two of them and can not get them to crack to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes!! I'll definitely keep you posted. Now I have to do a pre-test to see..... Looks like the silver cracked just fine for me. You may need to add some thinner; it doesn't affect the crackle-ability and I've had that actually fix non-cracking polishes before.

      Delete
  2. I love the polish. Ok, so definitely going to buy some concealer. And those sun glares are awesome!! Photographers often strive for rays and flare that nice. Those polishes look exactly alike. I am interested to find the difference between the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I like when nice things happen on accident. ^_^

      Delete
  3. urgh! Lemme guess, same polish diff names? I HATE when companies do that. Also love your face of the day! *tsk* you are NOT old lady wrinkly! Don't make me eSlap you again :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda looking that way. Think I might have to call them on it on facebook. lol "So... what's the difference between these two?" ;)

      Delete
  4. those red nails are divine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO, your friend inherited a fish?!?! LMAO hahaha
    Is it the kind of bottom feeder that sucks to the glass of the tank and just eats whatever collects on the surface??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! lol It's kinda big, too. I had a dream about that fish last night... it was doing a lot better in my dream so hopefully that's a good sign.

      Delete
  6. Gurl that shoe in the background! Your polish looks gooood! I need to get me some of that olay stuff but I don't think we have it over here if it's joined with covergirl :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally forgot to mention it. LOL That's Aaron's Frank N Furter shoe! :D Oh noes! Don't tell me it's because CG does animal testing.... :( I really hope that's not it. That would upset me. Last I checked they didn't, but things change....

      Delete

I love hearing from you!