Saturday, August 17, 2013

Essence: Fortune Cookie +Solar Power Comparison

Hi everybody! Fortune Cookie was definitely a pleasant surprise. Had I known it was going to be such a wearable yellow I would have picked it up from the beginning!



The formula is a touch thick so I may add some thinner. This is two coats and it didn't want to dry very well. It did apply very smoothly, though, and is nice and opaque. Also, as I said, very wearable! It's more of a dandelion yellow with the slightest hint of leaning towards orange. There is a slight shimmer, but it's not very visible most times.



You can tell from the bottles that Fortune Cookie is darker than Solar Power, but I decided to go ahead and compare the two anyway.



See? Obviously different. lol Since I only needed two coats of Fortune Cookie I opted for two coats of Solar Power as well.



Not quite as smooth or opaque, but Solar Power has a more visible shimmer and dried a lot quicker. Still, I like Fortune Cookie a lot better color-wise. Much nicer yellow. It did eventually dry, but even with the drops it wasn't quite dry enough to fully withstand my comparison pose...



Hopefully thinning it out will help with that. Or I could just use a topcoat as well. I dunno, something. I just can't believe how much I like it!

So today is Brak's last day in Texas. She wanted to go to Barnes & Noble to pick up something to read on her way back to California. So, of course, we went. lol We also ran into Old Navy real quick and Bed, Bath & Beyond because she needed a new blender. The bulk of the morning was spent perusing the fiction section for something "not too heavy before school".



I missed the best shot where she was looking up and one of the cover faces was looking down at her. I could have had her look up again, but it wouldn't have been the same. I managed to find a book for myself fairly quickly. All of Stephen King's "Richard Bachman" books now have his name and "written as" underneath. Which created a little confusion for me. The first book I picked up was The Regulators (as Bachman) and on the back it says "Don't miss the companion novel Desperation". But... Desperation doesn't have it as being written by "as Bachman".... So... I got Desperation because it's thicker, but apparently it's "as King" and when I read The Regulators I'll get to see if "Bachman"'s writing style differs much... since they're companion novels... Yeah. Still a bit confused.



I wanted to get The Wind Through The Keyhole because it's supposed to be related to the Dark Tower series (which I loved), but it was $17. Uhm... maybe later. lol Oh, it's much cheaper on amazon and currently taking up space on my wishlist.

Okay, tomorrow we'll take a peak at Sunset Paradise. 'Til then y'all have a great weekend! I'll be here. Probably playing Skyrim and racking up some Swagbucks. See you tomorrow!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer the Essence to the CG, though the lack of drying is annoying.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite annoying. -_- I usually don't have that problem with essence, but I guess there has to be one eventually...

      Delete
  2. Hehe, good for you for reading... I havent picked up a non-textbook book in ages..... :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I love reading. ^_^ For me it beats movies because I can imagine how I want people to look in my head. No worries about stupid actors/actresses I don't like ruining a perfectly good story.

      Delete
  3. Dude! why buy books when you can get 'em free at the library? Just sayin' :) Also I read desperation years ago and loved it! Thanks for mentioning the regulators, I'll have to borrow that one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I do have a library card, but the one library we have that's not in the ghetto isn't very big. I want to move to Austin, then I can get a card for the big LBJ Memorial Library! *dies* I went once and it took me almost five minutes to get my feet to move. So many books!!

      Delete
  4. My husband loves those books. He read The Regulators a while ago though. We always spend hours in B&N. Enough for Elexis to read a book. haha. We love our library. I wish you had a good one close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't know if I could spend quite that long in there. Even if I had a ton of time/money it's usually pretty easy for me to pick up something I want to read. Reminds me of when my dad would drag me into Babbages. I'd just sit on the floor waiting for him to finish looking. :p

      Delete
    2. We usually grab a drink sometimes food and just read. I look at books that my library doesn't have, and take notes instead of buying the book. It's basically a library that we don't check books out of and we can have food and drinks.

      Delete
    3. It always struck me as odd that they let people do that. Seems like they should be charging 2nd hand prices. lol

      Delete
  5. Of course you love reading, you are my Texan (slash German lol) kindred spirit after all :) Love the bright yellow, just a shame when they take a long time to dry.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I do! Since I was a kid. I even got a trophy in elementary school for the number of books I read. LOL It really is my favorite yellow, hopefully I can somehow fix it...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!