Monday, August 19, 2013

Essence: Iced Strawberry Cream Vs. Sweet Or Nude?

Yep, this turned into another essence vs essence rumble. It didn't start out that way, but I got a little *ahem* distracted this morning and didn't paint my nails before we went out. Since I was just painting for pictures I figured why not get both hands involved. And then? Well, you'll see.

First up on Miss Lefty I have three (yes, three) coats of Iced Strawberry Cream.



Even with three coats, ISC dried really quickly. There's a bit of frostiness and a smattering of pink shimmer.



Secondly on Miss Righty I have three (again, three) coats of Sweet or Nude?.



Looking and behaving exactly like ISC. Wow...



I noticed the similarities in color as soon as I grabbed the bottles, so I had to swap a thumb and be sure.



:p Sweet or Nude? on my thumb there looks more opaque, but from the pictures above you can tell it's really not. Just my thumb ended up with a thicker coat. Coats. Three thicker coats. lol It's weird because at most angles in my room here they do look slightly different. Sweet or Nude? looks like it leans more tannish and Iced Strawberry Cream looks more pink-beige-ish... just not out in the sun, eh?

Speaking of essence, I got a nice little surprise at HEB. They updated their display. While most of the polishes are missing (possibly the old ones and they didn't restock) they do have the french tip bottles (I want to get one and test it against the Yves Rocher one I have.... holy crap, awful pics alert!) and quick dry drops, and also the multi-colored caviar beads that were sold out at Ulta!!



Yay!! I could have gotten the silver ones, but I have kinda greenish silvery ones from Nail Art Society I haven't used yet. :p I wanted the multi-color. They also have two pots of loose glitter. Black and... purple, I think. I have tons of loose glitter so I was happy to find these. So fun. I think tomorrow I'm going to give Razzleberry a whirl.

Hope everyone's having a great week so far! I'll see y'all tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. Those colors look the same to me. But, I am just looking at pictures. I can't wait to see what you do with your newest purchase. I'm kinda excited about it. I really really REALLY wish I had an HEB! My grocery store sucks in polish selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there's an HEB by the border near you? I know it would be a bit of a trip, but I'm fairly certain nearly every town in TX has one. lol Especially around here... it's all we've got. Well, that and an IGA... in the ghetto... -_-

      Delete
    2. There may be one in Gainesville. I will have to look into that.

      Delete
    3. Sadly, no. :( Closest one is Plano.

      Delete
  2. Haha, caviar beads, that's one trend I never got into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to try it out. I know it's not the most practical art, but pictures look so cool. Now if essence would put out some flocking powder I'd be in business. ;)

      Delete
  3. yikes! these look exactly the same. I haven't tried caviar beads, post a photo if you give them a try. so bright and colourful :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I will! ;) Very soon, in fact.

      Delete
  4. I did caviar nails really long time ago. Haven't wear them since need to dig them out again :) The colours are the same to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I think I may have missed that. Going to have to dig through your archives now. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow...these look the same to me Lizzy. *another* pair of essence polishes that look the same? That would cause me to break out the ranty pants >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm not that bothered by it. Possibly because I wasn't expecting to really like either color to begin with. It's just another thing to add to the reasons why. ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, these two look exactly the same, but it's a beautiful color. I have some caviar beads, but have not tried them yet. Picked them up at the dollar tree over 6 months ago LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dang, I don't know if I ever saw the beads at Dollar Tree! I have a couple vials of little plastic doodads (which I lost) and two whole packs of the loose flakies. Oh, and some loose bar glitter that's not that great. :p Wish I had seen the beads, though!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!