Sunday, August 4, 2013

Essence: Lily Bloom +Loose Glitter Experiment

Why am I so sleepy? I went to bed at 8pm yesterday, woke up around 11pm, played Oblivion until 3am then woke up at 7am. That's seven hours of sleep. I don't understand.... Oh yeah, finished mowing our yard today. In the heat. I wanna smack the weatherman. At least try to sound apologetic when you say "another week of triple digits ahead of us".

So... I have Lily Bloom... It's a nice, quick drying white, but I'm kind of sick of it already.



This is two coats, very quick drying like most essence polishes. Also it's matte, and that helped. Except that made it a little flat. The shimmer in the bottle wasn't really evident on the nail.



Hrm. So I still have no idea what 'art' I was going to do, but at some point I decided to do a little experiment with the (generic) Elmer's glue and some loose glitter I got in last October's Julep Maven box.



That worked out pretty well. Except the part where I wasn't about to use a thin liner brush for the glue so my lines are the result of a toothpick. lol The glitter sticks to the glue, and the glue sticks well to the polish. I could rub it without all kinds of glitter coming off. Then I just used the toothpick to pop the glue strips off.



Ta-da! Awesome. No idea what I'm going to ultimately do with this information, but perhaps one of you can come up with some kickass idea. ;)

So... I know I said I wasn't going to get the essence Nude Glam polishes because they were kinda 'meh'; and it's not like I don't have enough essence polishes as it is.... LOL Who am I kidding? I'll never have enough. ;) Anyway, they only had two of the four colors left, but for 99cents I couldn't say no.



That's Cotton Candy and Peach & Cream. They're both super sheer and I'm not expecting either to be really flattering, but... ya know, 99cents. They also have a bunch of the 'new' core line polishes on sale for 99cents so I'm wondering if they're trying to sell off the old ones before refreshing the inventory or perhaps they're going to sell those off and stock with some of the core polishes we didn't get the first time around. o_O That would be awesome!! You know I'll be checking daily until I have some kind of answer. ;)

Huh. My mom finally tracked down a box of Twinkies. We used to be really big Twinkie eaters until they changed the recipe back to the more "original" banana-ish flavor. *vomits* The 'new' ones taste more like the Twinkies I grew up with, but... they're not quite as substantial. I'd say about two-thirds the cream filling and the cake isn't quite as dense. Hrm. *shrugs* I was always more into the Suzi Qs anyway. Welp, laptop just overheated so I think I'll take a quick nap before dinner. Hope y'all have been enjoying your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. can you recommend a good opaque creme white?
    cg snow is horrible and i am getting sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find it, Sinful Colors "Snow Me White" is really good.

      Delete
    2. Ooh forgot about this post, ok will do, I will try to look for that one, thanks!

      Delete
    3. No problem ;) Good luck!

      Delete
  2. AAH thanks! I've been needing a good cheap nude for polish underwear and I didn't even think of essence! I'll be on the hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good luck! The nude glam ones are super sheer, but you might get lucky finding one of the core line nudes. Those are much better.

      Delete
  3. You and that glue! Hehe but that is pretty cool how you can peel if off ;) triple digits sounds scary lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kinda starting to fall in love with the glue. Soooooo much easier! ;)

      Delete
  4. That glue trick is pretty awesome. Maybe I should go dig out my bottle and experiment. I am not big on nudes either, maybe as a base coat to something fantabulous. Triple digits suck!! It's like being inside an oven or a blow dryer (if you live in Oklahoma where the wind is always blowing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh have fun experimenting! The best part is it's super easy to remove if you screw it up. ;) OMG Definitely an oven here. I think someone turns off the giant fan until winter.... -_- Oh? It's not cold enough? Let's just see about blowing the cold right through your sweater straight to the BONES. lol

      Delete
  5. I was thinking of something to try with glue actually, like a resist technique. Paint a base colour, paint on glue in shapes where you want the base colour to be, paint over it all with glitter. Let dry, rub off glue, and you should be left with base colour shapes in the glitter. Topcoat. Sounds doable, no? I'm going to try it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoooooh I don't think I get it, but it sounds interesting. If it works you HAVE to do a tutorial! :D

      Delete
    2. I will try it out and let you know! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!