Sunday, August 11, 2013

Essence: Little Miss Sunrise VS Mister Rusty

AH! I seriously need to get my act together and pick up some more drawers.... Nearly every one is double-stacked to some extent; some much more than others. o_O Ridiculous.

So today I have a double-header. Little Miss Sunrise vs Mister Rusty. Two coats of each. Fantastic dry time on both. I did get some bubbling with both, but I removed the polish from the worst offender and re-applied without basecoat and got no bubbles.... hrm. There aren't any bubbles in the basecoat bottle, so maybe I'm not waiting long enough? Or applying it too thickly? I don't know! Anyway, on with the show!

In the left-hand corner, weighing in at 8ml, Little Miss Sunrise!



OOOoooooh! AAAaaaaaah! *applause*

And in the right-hand corner, also weighing in at 8ml, Mister Rusty!!



OOOoooooh! AAAaaaaaah! *applause*

Bottle shot where you can see not only the different names and numbers, but also different bar codes:



*insert hushed murmers*

And...... FIGHT!



Uhm... yeah. lol You know me, normally I'll stretch my eyes to their limits looking for differences that may or may not actually be there. In this case I found none. At one point I thought perhaps Little Miss Sunrise was a little more red and Mister Rusty a little more tan, buuuut.... that was just the angles. Turned my hand just a little and the 'leanings' were reversed. :p

So, there you have it. I think I may have to bring this up on their facebook page. Ask them wtf is up and if there is some difference that I'm missing. lol

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt a combo that Norma spontaneously raved about that I just have to see for myself, then Tuesday I'm going to go for a crackle combo with my new Maybelline. In the meantime I need to get back to cleaning. I stupidly forgot to pick up paper towels, but I'm sure there's still plenty I can do without them. *sigh* As soon as I get my focus group payment I'll do another update on my tablet progress.... Not where I'd hoped to be by now, but Aaron's been working hard making his shoes more Frank-like so at least it was a worthwhile investment. Hope everyone had a great weekend! (^_^)"/"

22 comments:

  1. same exact polish with different names -_- not impressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I had that feeling when I picked it up, but I don't think I have any renamed polishes in my stash so now it's an anomaly. lol

      Delete
  2. Question it. Always. They look identical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. ;) Now to wait and see if they answer.

      Delete
  3. This post made me giggle :) Usually with 2 differently named polishes you can see some subtle difference, but I'm with you on this one, they look exactly alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Glad you liked it. ^_^ Yep, definitely looks like a renamed polish to me. Weird since they just recently changed their bottles to this shape....

      Delete
  4. lol Lizzy you always crack me up! but URGH on these dupes! I'd totally call Essence out on their fb page. so irritating!

    Also lol at 'raved' about the combo. You are too kind! More like 'Norma burst into my inbox like a crazy person and started flailing and ranting and I was afraid for my life ;) hehe. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I did bring it up on their fb page. Guess we'll see if I get an answer. ;) hehehehe Yeah, that's probably a more accurate description of how it happened. I'm not sure if I got the same end result you did since I don't have that SH, but it's definitely pretty!

      Delete
    2. ooh if you did the combo you mentioned I bet your results were even better!!

      Delete
    3. hehehe We'll find out. About to post up soon. ;)

      Delete
  5. That is so not cool that they did that! I hope they answer you :D it's a nice colour but what are you going to do with the other bottle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to keep it. Even if it is the same polish with two different names it's almost like a piece of polish history. lol

      Delete
  6. that is really good to know! I saw rusty the other day and it looked nice, and it looks nice in this photo. I will be curious to see what Essence says to you, I love their polish but yeah, these are definitely dupes!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice color. Still waiting to see if essence says anything. ;) They're usually pretty good about responding, but we did just come out of a weekend, so who knows? lol

      Delete
  7. They look the same. Revlon sometimes likes to do the same change the polish name but the color is the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Sinful Colors and Pure Ice have done the same thing as well. Such a strange thing to do. I wonder why they don't just re-release the color with the same name?

      Delete
  8. That is bizarre!?! Essence are mental, if they're not putting out two identical polishes with different names, they're completely reformulating things and putting them out with the same name. I have two completely different versions of The Boy Next Door and It's Purplicious!. They also relaunched the Nail Art Twins with the same couple names and completely different colours. Edward was a deep forest green and now he's baby blue. Insane?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is insane! o_O We haven't gotten much essence here (until recently, it appears to be picking up) so I haven't come across this before. I think I would prefer the same color with different names than having to try and track down different colors by the same name....

      Delete
  9. Yeah, I can't see a difference. It's a pretty rust color, but no difference. I cleaned today; it sucked! I would much rather be on my computer all day, dang messy house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, I know! I had to pull myself away to go clean the stove. -_- Whatever happened to the house of the future that's supposed to clean itself?!

      Delete
  10. I think they mislabeled Little Miss Sunrise - If you Google the name of the color, you get a TON of yellows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* You're right!! I wonder why they didn't say so on the facebook page? :/ Now I guess I have to keep my eyes open for the real Little Miss Sunrise... Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!