Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Essence: Madly Purpled +Award

Oh my goodness. So bloated it hurts to lean forward to type. We finally went and tried out the 'new' Asian Buffet (that's what it's called "Asian Buffet") and it was so good! Too good. Little pricey, but it was nice that nearly everyone cleared about about five minutes after we got there; so it was quiet. They had the noodles I like. They're... really thin and kinda clear... I didn't look at the name, just piled them on my plate with some shrimp and zucchini. SO good! Aaron tried to eat a little tiny octopus and that didn't go so well. He said it tasted good, but he just couldn't get it to go down. lol

Today I have two super fast drying coats of Madly Purpled, The Matt. Uhm... "Matte" is apparently the same in English and German so I don't know why they left off the "e", but OMG!!! You can actually see the shimmer in this one!



Madly Purpled is, in my opinion, a great ending to our Floral Grunge journey. It's a hint of color that's very muted. Perfect hint of girly grunge.



So... for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to peruse the essence website and.... do you see what I see?



.....O_O! I'm not normally an aggressive shopper, but if I see this and even think someone is heading towards it I will knock her down! LOL Now everybody turn and look at Jasmine, because it's her fault I had to add China Glaze Make A Spectacle to my amazon wishlist. Cheekily inserted there in case anybody wants to be generous. hehehehe Kidding. Mostly. I very nearly ordered it, but I'm not dipping into my tablet money any more than I already have and since Nail Art Society is charging for shipping now I was $2 shy of the $5 polish price. *boo* Shoulda gone to the bank when I said I was gonna... lol

Award time! :D The superhero-awesome Cristy felt I was worthy of the One Lovely Blog Award!



Pretty! So here's how this one goes: Add image to your post (check), share seven things about you, pass the award to seven nominees, thank the person who nominated you and write a short blurb about them (half-check), and inform the nominees by posting on their blog. Okay, the reason that Cristy is "superhero-awesome" is pretty well summed up in her post here. Also this one. She goes out of her way to help people who need her in that moment and there is nothing more superhero than that. The kindness of a stranger is a rare thing these days and it warms my heart knowing there are still people (or, at least, person) like her out there. She also does so much to support and be there for her daughter and that reminds me of my own mom. :)

So... seven things about myself...

1. I surprised my mom with my ability to sew using a machine and pattern because I was so antsy when she tried to teach me she didn't think I retained any of it.

2. I'm more likely to watch a movie I haven't seen yet if I think it's going to be mind-bending and/or frightening.

3. During a bake sale for my high school speech & debate team I had people coming back from the middle of the parking lot for more of my mini banana breads.

4. I'm taller than almost all of my girl-friends, but I have the smallest feet. ^_^

5. I still wish my feet were an inch smaller.

6. I will absolutely squeeze my feet into kids shoes if they're cute enough.

7. My favorite shoes in high school were a pair of sparkly purple sneakers; kids size 6, and they didn't squeeze my toes! (it's all about wearing the right kind of socks)

*phew* That was tough. lol So, the nominees are:

Jasmine, Steph, BeautyShades, Sparkled Beauty, Karen, Abbie and The Nail Buff.

Congrats ladies! All of you are just fantastic. ^_^

That's it for me. Going to notify the winners, pick a color for tomorrow and get back to making money. :p Hope everyone's having a great week so far!

14 comments:

  1. Aww thanks, I'll get to my post then!
    Haha it's funny how that restaurant is called asian buffet, I saw a chinese restaurant once called chinese restaurant... lol some people are not very creative at coming up with names..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's hilarious. Uncreative, but at least you know what you're in for. ;) It's funny because they also had french fries and fried catfish. *shrugs* Can't wait to read your seven things!

      Delete
  2. Madly Purpled looks great! I would spend so much money on Essence if they'd just send more polishes here. I didn't see any new ones at my Ulta the last time I was there but they've seemed a little slow to stock stuff recently so I'm sure they'll at least get the c&g ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do! Mine just recently added a couple more from the c&g line. It can be difficult to find, but I usually find the collections on the bottom shelf near, like, the Revlon collections? I think? For some reason everyone puts them on the bottom shelf....

      Delete
  3. ooh I love visible shimmer :D LOL @ 'I'll knock her down!' spoken like a true polish aholic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe She'll never see it coming. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination! You are just the sweetest! I would be happy to do the award thingy myself, but to be brutally honest, yours and one other blog are the only ones I can be bothered posting on nowadays. I know that's pretty lame, but there you have it :p

    I'd love to have smaller feet. I used to have quite small feet, but over the years they have become bigger, boo! As always your posts make me giggle to myself, I hope you never ever stop blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW! ^_^ You're so sweet. I'm glad I can make you giggle. I'm so glad my feet haven't gotten any bigger. Not yet anyway. Went to the mall with Aaron's mom and I thought she was going to faint when I started trying on kids shoes. They were sparkly and had flashing lights! They were also almost $100, but I had to see if they fit. ;)

      Delete
  5. I want the sparkle sand :) Can't believe they don't sell this brand here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o_O? They don't?! I can't believe that either. So unfair! :(

      Delete
  6. I am too excited about Sparkled Sand, Essence said there will be 3 or 4 shades in this line so I can't wait. Thanks for the blog award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! ^_^ This one little picture is the first I've seen anything about it. I really hope I can find them. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  7. Thanks sweetie! That purple is so cute! I love the collection's name too, floral grunge, sounds like a good nail art theme to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. ^_^ OOOooooh! That does sound like a good nail art theme. I finally picked up some detail brushes. Going to have to start brainstorming.... hehehehe

      Delete

I love hearing from you!