Thursday, August 22, 2013

Essence: Miss Universe +Beaded Tips

Welp, just completed my first water change (1gallon out; 2gallons in to compensate for evaporation) in the new tank. *fingers crossed* that I didn't somehow manage to muck it all up. Moved the bubbling shipwreck to the back so it looks roomier. Assuming all remains well hopefully we'll get some new fishies tomorrow. Also, hopefully, I'll be able to pick up the polishes from essence's Ticket To Paradise collection! I wonder if HEB got a new cosmetics person because they've really been on the ball lately.

For today I have two coats of essence Miss Universe. Super quick dry time. It is still a teensy bit sheer, but the shimmer disguises that.



This is definitely more of an outdoor polish. Indoors (at least with my crummy lighting) it looks mostly black.



I did decide to go with just the tips for the caviar beads. It seemed easier and... well... it looks pretty darn cute.



I used my regular topcoat on my tips and just dunked my fingernails (one at a time) in the little tub. They seem to be sticking quite well. They went on a bit thick on my pinkie, but so did the topcoat. Made sure to only apply a thin coat after that one. ;)

I'm thinking Pretty In Polka for tomorrow. Zoe over at Writing Whimsy swatched it about a week ago so thankfully I know ahead of time that it is another sheer one. Will probably swatch it over white. With a glue base. ;) 'Til then I hope everyone is having a super awesome week! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. COME to the glue side mwahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm trying. Just wish it dried a little quicker. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your fingernails are like little cupcakes. :) I love it. I love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* That's a great idea! My cousin does cupcake nails all the time, I should try it with the beads! ^_^

      Delete
    2. You totally need to try it, so I can be envious of your awesome nails.

      Delete
    3. hehehehe ^_^ Totally gonna. Don't know when, but I will!

      Delete
  3. aww those caviar beads are so cute! thank you for the link back, so sweet :) I'm glad my review gave you a head ups, I might try it over a bright pink if you have one :) I need to try the glue method for glitter!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. ^_^ I ended up putting it over Foil Me Once (a light metallic pink) and it looks amazing!

      Delete
  4. I have this colour the blue shimmers are so pretty on the nails. Great idea of adding beads on the tips. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ Glad you like it. Hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  5. Have you heard of a new series that is coming out soon named sleepy hollow I saw the trailer looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have. Definitely will look into it. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!