Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Essence: Peach & Cream + Sally Hansen: Coral Collide

Through this past year or so of polish insanity I have had some short bursts of clarity. Like this morning. I walked out of Walgreens with a fresh polish purchase, got in my car and thought, "What is wrong with me?!" Then I looked at my pretties and remembered: There's nothing wrong with me! hehehehe Maybe not 100% right, but what're ya gonna do? I also didn't have that nasty little naggy voice when I found some nice surprises at HEB while waiting for my mom to get her prescriptions filled. So, where did the madness find me this time?



*teehee* I actually grabbed the Maybelline's first. I saw the black and white glitter and it was over. Then... I walked a little further down and the SH crackles were Buy 1 Get 1 Free!! They only had one bottle of Sage Smash left and I've wanted that forever so I had to get it. Also the pink one. ;) While at HEB they have the discount cosmetics across from the pharmacy, so while my mom was standing in line I was standing in front of baskets of makeups. And polish. Remember how so many of those collections ended up empty before I could finish off a couple of the collections? Well, I may have missed the red, but I did get the yellow from the Cherry Blossom Girl (Fortune Cookie) and two more from the Marble Mania. Huzzah! Like a treasure hunt. ^_^ Still keeping an eye out for the Ticket To Paradise collection (supposed to be out now) and waiting to see what they do with the core display.

So I thought I would start by getting one of the nude glams out of the way. Peach & Cream actually didn't piss me off too badly. To be honest, I kind of liked it. For a while. At first. Two coats.



Super fast dry, even though I got a ding on my index finger there. Had to pee. :p



And there we go with the phantom dirt line. To prove to you ladies that I'm not just sitting here making excuses for poor hygiene:



See? Clean. I don't know where that shadow comes from.

After my insanity-induced shopping excursion I knew I had to try Coral Collide over this peachy color.



Lovely!!! :D My camera does not even come close to doing this one justice. Even fully dry it's like this bright, sparkly liquid metal. Oh, this is with topcoat, which actually brightened up the pink quite a bit. It dried matte and kind of dull.



Love it! So glad I grabbed Coral Collide as my freebie. hehehe So... I'm back to a mass of polish sitting here untried... I think tomorrow I have to try one of these polka dot polishes. Leaning towards Blue Marks The Spot. It's the blue one. lol Welp... better go look at my mom's computer again before I have to throttle her. Y'all take care! ^_^

20 comments:

  1. That's some major crackle! The cracks are huge!!! They kind of look like the letter "I".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, I applied it pretty thick because I thought it was going to be more like the glitter crackles; didn't want a bunch of spaces between the glitters. It's more of a metallic, though, so I might be able to get away with thinner coats.

      Delete
  2. Love the crackle, still not crazy about the nude color. I guess because the fingers look naked. Your photo at the top; my eye totally flew to the Maybelline pink, black and white!! I cannot wait until you review that one. I really wish we had an HEB here. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you did, too! Heck, even if more Walgreens would carry essence, that would be super. Apparently some do, but I haven't seen it...

      Delete
    2. I would love it if Walgreens would carry it too! Does CVS carry it? Where else besides online would carry it? Ulta maybe?

      Delete
    3. I actually haven't seen essence online (other than a few stragglers on ninjapolish), but Ulta should have at least the core display. :) Every now and then I'll find one of the "trend" collections there as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh Lizzy you make me laugh! You are definitely mad with polish fumes :P you know I be hatin on crack, that crack over that nude looks halloweeny! Like your skin has cracked :0 hehehe sorry! I still love you though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! No joke I was thinking the same thing!! :D I was trying to figure out if I could do, like, a french manicure and then use red crackle over it to look like my nails had totally split. hehehehe

      Delete
  4. Mwahahah oh yes..there's definitely something wrong with us polish aholics ;) Also that crackle cracked amazingly! I picked up 3 of the polka dots - my 2 cents? Use a glue base. Those cute little dots are just as hard to get off as glitter >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGH!!! I totally should have read this last night. LOL Oh well, still have one more. Which colors did you pick up? I almost got the brown, but it kind of reminded me of, like, iodine?

      Delete
    2. I got clearly spotted, drops of jade and blue marks the spot. Ha! The first time I wore these I layered blue over sally hansen blue away. MAN the glitter was hard to get off and that was just one coat! so yeah. Glue or glitter a peel as a base coat from now on for me. I found the other colors pretty uninteresting (well except pink but i usually don't like pink so I left it) and the orange one looked too Halloween for me!

      Delete
    3. I actually didn't have too much trouble getting it off. Weird. *gasp* There's no such thing as too Halloween!!! LOL

      Delete
    4. really? I tried one layer of the blue marks the spot and the glitter seemed sticky but not too bad. I wouldn't wanna try more than one layer >_< so cool it worked fine for you though!

      also - if you like halloween? You must get the orange lol


      http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2013/06/maybelline-color-show-polka-dots-glitter-nail-polish-swatches-review.html

      Delete
    5. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, now I have to get Dotty!!!! :D

      Delete
  5. Haven't used crackle for ages. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Glad you like it. I have to pick out the perfect base for the green one, but that will be coming soon. ;)

      Delete
  6. I hear you on the "phantom dirt line"--that bugs the heck out of me when it shows up on my hands!

    The peaches look so much better with crack on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the strangest, most annoying thing ever isn't it?! *ugh* That bothers me more than regular VNL. hehehe Love some crackle. Makes everything better! :D Well, almost.

      Delete
  7. I really love essence but that phantom dirt line is so annoying. I have a ton of untrieds too... someday!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun trying to get through them all. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!