Thursday, August 29, 2013

Essence: Peaches +Water Marble

Hello you beautiful persons! How are we all feeling today? Good? Goooooooood. Would hate for Peaches to make a bad day worse. :p



Two coats, fast-ish dry time. Sheer, unflattering apricot color. Whipee! That suspicion is why I didn't pick this up full price during my massive essence trend edition haul(s). I knew from the bottle it would be up to no good. LOL

This particular color, if you couldn't tell from the bottle, was part of the Marble Mania trend edition. Which *a-HEM*:

trendy, twisted and totally hip: inspired by spectacular marble effects, essence presents the new trend edition “marble mania” in march and april 2012. lovers of marble coloring and extraordinary textures can look forward to multi-dimensional effects. mascara, eyeshadow or lipgloss – the marbling is sure to cause a stir! several colors merge into one for a unique swirly-marble look by essence – it’s spring-time!

Someone at essence hates the shift key. Anywho, I missed out on the red one, but I had to see if the three I did get would work for, ya know, water marble!



Silver Twister, Who Is Mr Brown and Peaches. My quick test last night showed promise:



Which surprised me, because water marble generally works better with slower drying polishes. I had to take my mom to Georgetown this morning so I wasn't really up to doing a full mani, but two fingers is enough to prove that, yes, these colors do work for water marble!



Even if it does remind me of one I already did. lol



All of this just made me want to do a water marble in colors I haven't used yet. :p Which... is another reason I really should go back one of these days and 'tag' my posts. It just seems so daunting. I'll come up with something. Unless y'all want to throw some ideas at me?

Guess I should get dressed. According to my mom it's a 4-day weekend (again) and a military payday weekend (again) so I think we're going to have to start trying to grab dinner early... *fingers crossed* Anybody else getting a 4-day weekend? Either way take care and be safe out there! (^_^)"/"

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful marble! I don't like peaches alone though, the color is... sickly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit sickly, yes. lol I can't imagine it being flattering on anybody.

      Delete
  2. That marbling is awesome. The peach definitely looks better as a marble. The peach by itself looks like my hands did when I was dying songs orange for little mermaid. Yes, it is a bit sickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ack! Yes, not very flattering. lol At least it's good for something! :D

      Delete
  3. The water marble is amazing!
    The peach affair on its own, oh no. No, no, no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Definitely not. I do like how the brown turned out in the marble, though. Reminds me of chocolate. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes! What's with you and your edible nails! You always make me hungry lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!