Sunday, August 18, 2013

Essence: Sunset Paradise +Road Trip

Okay, not an actual "road trip". Ran up to Dallas to pick up my dad for his vacation week. Still, it's a hefty drive and I did get some roadside attraction pictures so you can look forward to those after Sunset Paradise. ^_^ I was lazy and otherwise distracted last night so I just painted right over Fortune Cookie. So you can be sure when I say that Sunset Paradise is a single-coater, it's no joke.



You know, because if it were at all sheer it would come off green. It does not. One coat... slightly better than average dry time. I've been insanely lazy and still had Styled Out on my right hand so I painted over both of them real quick before we left. So there is minimal damage, but not bad for the 5 minutes I sat here before putting my shoes on.



Fabulous deep, glassy blue. Much brighter blue than I expected. And just one coat! That's always a bonus.

So, midway between Hillsborough and Waxahachie is the tiny town of Italy, TX. Usually it's little more than a signpost while trucking along towards Dallas (or Waxahachie if you happen to be heading towards Scarborough Faire or Scream Fields), but we made really good time this morning and had a whole hour and a half to travel the 55 miles left to the truck lot. Plus, we were hungry and they do have a Sonic. So we stopped, we ate, we took pictures.

You can see the Starship Pegasus from the highway. It's a nice little distraction from the miles upon miles of fields. I never knew that at one time it was a food and gift shop!



Of course being the big ol' Star Trek dork that I am I had to have my picture taken by the name... and the sadly destroyed window hole...



We also didn't know that there was this little UFO in front of the Pegasus. Perfect for taking little UFO pictures!



hehehe Bazinga. ;)

Hrm. I have three nudes so I think tomorrow I'm going to try out Iced Strawberry Cream. The fishies are still doing well. Aaron bought them a sunken ship that bubbles up to reveal treasure and they were very interested in (and then oddly wary of) it. I don't generally try to push an agenda here, but if you feel so moved, please swing by and sign this petition to hopefully stop the Nigerian government from lowering the legal marrying age for girls to a sickening 6 years old. It's okay if you don't want to, I won't know if you do or don't so you won't get a judgey face. Just thought I'd post it for anybody who would like to sign.

Hope everyone had a terrific weekend! I'm... going to try and stay awake long enough to go pick up dinner. lol Take care, y'all! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh so nice and bright! I have this but haven't worn it yet but I'm quite excited now that I know it's one coat! Always impressed by Essence :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope it works as well for you in person! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I helped sign the petition, though I wonder if the petition will actually do anything...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of times they do. I like change.org because they actually send follow-up emails about how things are going when they can. I really REALLY hope that global pressure puts a stop to it. I can't fathom any legitimate reason for marrying a 6 year old.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color essence really has nice shades. Great pictures of the UFO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! And I think the price helps overlook the random disappointments. Glad you like the UFO! ^_^

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to find a place around here that sells essence! I am amazed at how bright that blue is and the fact that it was a one coater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you do! Their website has a store locator. I don't know if it catalogues EVERY place that sells them, but since they don't do any online business it might. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  5. OOH Pretty colour and what a cool building!!! Did you get a pic of yourself by the little UFO? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I did not. There were a few things I wanted to get pictures of (the rest are on my facebook) and Aaron was getting antsy. :p We may go back at some point, though, because the Texas Best Steakhouse inside the gas station smelled reeeeaaaaaaally good.

      Delete
  6. So much fun!!! What a great stop!! I love the little UFO!! Will definitely have to stop in there WHEN I come see you (it will happen). When are you going to be back in Dallas? That's three hours from me...
    Oh, and that polish is AhhhMaaaZING!! Love the richness of the color.
    The Nigerian government thing sickens me. As in I feel like throwing up because that is disgusting!!! I am signing...yay..no judgy face here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I guess Dallas would be the perfect midway point since it's about three hours from me! ^_^ We're totally going to have to make a weekend of it up (down) there. I'm going to be back up that way probably Sunday or Monday, but just enough to drop my dad off at the lot.

      Delete
    2. Dang it, I am booked this weekend too. Ft. Worth is a little closer for you isn't it? We always took I-35W when we went to Ft. Hood.

      Delete
    3. *shrugs* I have no idea. lol We don't head up that often.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!