Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Essence: Who Is Mr Brown +Tank

I'm here! I'm here. lol It's actually been a pretty nice day today. Nice and cloudy and rainy! So much better than it's been, though... that means we'll be mowing again soon. Just got back from picking Aaron up from the service. He said it was nice. He cried. Opted out of the 'after party' for his own reasons and, hey, that's his choice. Before I get to Who Is Mr Brown, I did hear back from essence and here is what they had to say about Little Miss Sunrise vs Mister Rusty:

"these polishes are different names beauty - therefore different polishes! .. but that aside - don't they both look fab?! your nails are great! best, your essence team"

Uhm.... okay? Not sure if s/he actually looked at the comparison, but whatever. At least my comment didn't go ignored, as happens on some other fb pages. *snickers* Also, calling the same color with a different name "different polishes" is a far cry better than trying to claim taco-glitter is just "light scalloping". :p

So today I have two coats of Who Is Mr Brown from the Marble Mania trend edition. Would these polishes work for marbling? I'll find out just as soon as I swatch Peaches. For now let's just gaze at the dark muddy brown wonder of Who Is Mr Brown.... and my mom's dog, Jet, who I didn't have the heart to crop out of the background. ;)



Two coats, quick drying, and this one is that shiny. No topcoat this time.



Very dark brown. lol

Mentioned yesterday that Aaron picked up a fish tank for me. I want some of those Glo fish, but the Glo tank cost the same for 5 gallons that a normal tank did for 10 gallons. We can always get the Glo lights to put in the normal hood, but I'm not getting only Glo fish, so we may just get the bubble stone with the blacklight in it for nighttime. I mention all of that because we do have neon decorations and they were a huge pain trying to photograph.



That's what we have so far. ^_^ Still need a heater (yeah, it gets cold in our room at night) and something for the fishies to hide in.... and fishies. LOL That's okay, we had fishtanks when I was a kid before they had this fancy stuff to make tap water instantly safe and we had to wait a whole week (minimum) for the tank to set up and be ready. I can wait 'til Friday. One thing, though, I have to mention because Aaron is sick to death of hearing it: I will not be getting guppies. We had guppies in Germany and they were so fancy and so colorful and their tails were so big.... American guppies are just bland and disappointing by comparison. :p If I can find my old Polaroids of our tank from back then I'll put them up. No idea where they are, though.

Almost forgot! I did get my focus group payment last night, so it's update time!

Amazon: $108
Swagbucks: $73
OpinionOutpost: $11

Total: $192.... Nearly 2/3 there. Again. After buying shoes. :p I have a bit here and there that's not quite at the cashout point, so I'm not counting it until I can get my hands on it. Okay, it's raining pretty hard now so I'm going to post up before we lose power. Hope everyone's having a great week! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. What a generic reply from the company :/ I had gold fish as a child. Excited to see your finished tank with the fishies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... not sure if the comparison post was read or not. *shrugs* Goldfish are so pretty. :) I'm going to pick up the last few things we need for the tank tonight and then tomorrow we get some fishies! ^_^ So excited.

      Delete
  2. I have guppies! Some are very colorful! The thing with guppies is that they will reproduce so you will get lots of them. We started with only five and now we have like ~30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Yeah, I remember having baby guppies in Germany. I wonder if Canada has better ones than we do here? You should post up pictures! I'm very curious.

      Delete
  3. OOH you're almost there with your goal! You can do it Lizzy! Also 1) Whoot on the fish! 2) what are glo fish exactly? Do they actually glow? 3) Your nails ARE fantastic! and finally 4) ummm WTF Essence? Dude I would've totally called them out on that answer. Complete bs. I agree it's better than being ignored outright (china glaze is HORRIBLE for ignoring comments on their fb page) but seriously? The answer was super dismissive. Lame. I call shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Glo fish are little fish that at one point were injected with blacklight responsive dyes. Normally this would bother me, but I found out that over time it just becomes a part of their coloring and the babies are born the same color. Insane, right? At first I was all "OMG cruel!!", but... now I think they just breed them that way. lol Essence is still one of my favorite brands so they can be vague, I guess. I know they don't send out blogger freebies so it doesn't matter *too much* if I get on their bad side on facebook, but whatever. lol

      Delete
  4. congrats on the tank. hayley got one and hers has guppies. and platys. pfft.. livebearers. but not going to let my own fish bias influence her. nuh uh. nope. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like livebearers. ^_^ Especially swordtails. Those are so much fun to watch being born. Probably not going to have any in this tank, though. Mostly sticking to tetra varieties. Aaron even found a few tetras he likes. If I remember correctly we shouldn't have to worry about babies as long as we don't put any grass in there for them to lay eggs. Right?

      Delete
  5. Oh, Essence--different names does not equal different polishes, it equals annoyed nail polish lovers.

    I think more nail photos should have dogs in the background--I must live vicariously through other people's pets at this stage in my life, so the more critters I see around the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind. ^_^ Definitely have plenty of critters around here. lol

      Delete
  6. I like the muddy brown. It would be pretty with some pink crackle or sparkle on it. At least you received a response back from them. You know they are reading their stuff. I love little Jet in the background. He is so cute. I love me some animals...except fish...lol. I can't keep fish alive. I would love to have fish, but every fish I have ever owned (or fish sat for) has committed suicide. I even followed all the directions to a T...I even killed a beta and they are supposed to withstand everything. I would love to see your glo fish and other fishys. Fish are cool! Yay!! You are so close to your goal. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I killed a beta, too, but that's because I made the mistake of dumping it right into a bowl of tap water.... like some kind of fish n00b. lol OH! I bet this would look really good with some pink. I wish I had a pink glitter crackle, but alas... it's either pink glitter or pink crackle... *sigh* ;)

      Delete
    2. pink glitter crackle would be amazing!

      Delete
    3. omg Totally. I keep hoping China Glaze will put out a second glitter crackle collection, but stupid haters on fb are so mean... about crackle, texture, bar glitter. No imagination there. All they want is boring old creams and shimmers and, of course, "better holo". *ugh* Like we're not saturated with holos by now. :p

      Delete

I love hearing from you!