Tuesday, August 27, 2013

French Mani w\ Essence: Cotton Candy & Natural White Tip Painter

Another mouthful. lol Let's start with two coats of Cotton Candy. Not as pink as I expected and the first coat was like nothing at all. I'm surprised it built up as well as it did for the second. Even if it does still look a bit streaky.



The tip painter was... okay. I love the color and it did kind of blend in like Le Blanc, but it didn't dry quickly. Which is kind of okay because that makes it easier to work with (I'll show you why in a sec), but I ended up having to topcoat after I got back inside.



The part that confused me was the brush...



Uhm... why did they opt for a striping brush? Go back and check out the perfect (in my opinion) french tipping brush Yves Rocher used. That's what I was expecting. I guess the striper would be okay if you had really short nails, but I had to do my bottom line and then fill in the whole rest of the tips with that skinny little thing. Minor complaint, I guess, considering the overall effect is really nice. My nails actually look somewhat normal. I'm going to have to pair this with Pink Glam. I actually wish I had something sheerish lined up to take advantage of this, but... I guess I'll use it as a base for the Halley's Comet v Charla comparison.

Oh, hey, so back when we were all discussing my dark, sunken under-eye area the question of hydration came up. I do drink water, but not the recommended 64oz/day so there was a bit of doubt in my own mind if I was properly hydrated. Well, the pressing question was answered today! HEB has a snazzy new health-monitor that measures all kinds of stuff. So I'm currently sitting at 174.6lbs. Not obscene, but not great. I know this. It hasn't gone up since my last weigh-in so I'm happy about that. However, my fat-to-lean ratio falls into the "at risk" range. ...okay, it's at the bottom of the "at risk" portion of the display. Working on that. My hydration on the other hand was +0.47 which was towards the top of the green "healthy" range! I don't know what +0.47 means exactly, but Aaron's was -1.03 and that was in the danger zone. He needs to drink more water.

Speaking of water, the fishies are doing fine. I think? They keep huddling up in the corner... The water is a little cloudy so we got some stuff to clear that up. Need to bring down the pH a little, too. :/ I think I'm going to have to delay morning feedings a bit. Catching them even 20 minutes after I turn the light on and they're still all sleepy acting and not eating all the food. Afternoons aren't a problem, but mornings? They wake up all slow just like I do. :p Once I get it sorted a little better I want to get an albino catfish to help clean up the leftover food bits at the bottom.

So... yeah. I think that's it. I'll be back tomorrow with Halley's Comet! Finally! :D Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. very weird brush for a french manicure but the effect you got in the end was quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. ^_^ Definitely worth $2.49 even with a weird striping brush. lol

      Delete
  2. Yea such a strange shape for french tip! I guess you can use it for nail art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe? I do like that the polish blends itself with the underlying color. Perhaps squiggles under neon?

      Delete
  3. the color is a bit sheer but I like how you used it in a french tip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ I think that's what the nude glams are for.... or, I hope that's what they're for. I couldn't imagine wanting to wear barely-there polish otherwise. lol

      Delete
  4. Did the French take a while with that skinny brush? I have no patience for those. I get very frustrated. Just because you don't drink all your water intake for the day, doesn't mean your not getting it. Do you eat a lot of fruit and veggies or other things containing liquid? Some people can get a third of their water intake from the food they eat. Example WATERmelon...haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's what Aaron says until I remind him I don't like melon. ;) I do get my fruits and greens in, though. :) It didn't take exceedingly long just for the tips. *gasp* You just gave me a great idea!! *tacklehugs* Now I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

      Delete
    2. Yay! I love being an inspiration...haha. I cannot wait to see what you do. I so look forward to the day we hang out!

      Delete
    3. OMG Me too! ^_^ hehehe You're gonna love it. I mean... I hope. I do! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!