Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fun Neon Sponging

So this didn't turn out exactly the way I imagined it. I wanted a circle rainbow going around each nail, but my triangle sponge didn't want to sponge a triangle... So I just did this:



Individual gradients working their way across my fingers. Sort of a wandering rainbow. I think my favorite combo is the blue and pink. Here are the colors I used:



LOL That looks like those basic prime color paints kids use in kindergarten. :p I've got Misa Pour Me Something Tall & Strong (the only one that needed two spongings), Misa Bikini With A Martini, and LA Colors Flicker. I was a bit saddened at first because my pre-cleanup mess was just depressing...



ACK! Cleanup and a topcoat really just brings it all together and makes everything super nice. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I did all this over a coat of white. :p



I do like it, even if it wasn't what I had in mind. Aaron said it looks like a bag of Skittles threw up on my fingers. lol



Tomorrow will be Miss Universe. I hope it's not quite as overcast as today because there are some pretty sparkles winking at me from this one. Plus whatever I end up deciding for the caviar beads. I'm thinking tips. Or... I don't know. lol It'll be a surprise. Or maybe not. I am crazy tired thanks to the soothing sounds of rain (coupled with the lower temperature and nice breeze) and my dad's home so I don't want to nap in the cat room (it's his smoking room when he's home and while he wouldn't mind if I took a nap in there... last time I tried I got sat on :p) so I'm trying to power through. As much as I wouldn't mind playing more Skyrim tonight (it's addictive) I think I'll turn in early. lol Hope everyone's having a great week so far. Almost at the end! (^_^)"/"



16 comments:

  1. LOVE it! So bright and colourful! And let me tell you lady, in a non lesbian way, that you have an amazeballs rack! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks *blushes* Glad you like the polish, too. ;)

      Delete
  2. I like it. It's so bright and colorful. Haven't tried Misa polishes. Here is not available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! That's a shame. :( They do have some very nice colors, but a lot of them aren't terribly unique. Especially the neons you could find the exact color by another brand.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yay! :D Me too. I'm thinking of doing a whole mani that way.

      Delete
  4. AAH I love the sound of rain! SO soothing. LOL @ getting sat on while napping!! also LOL @ skittles throwing up! I love your mani of the day! How ironic that you did a sponge mani - I did one last night and was going to snap a pic to send you, but two of the colours I used were too similar and the camera couldn't pic up the diff.

    Why didn't you coat your fingers with glue to help with cleanup? That could've helped. Hehe I feel like the ambassador for glue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about it, but it was starting to get late... I figured the neons would dry fast enough that I wouldn't be up all night and then I just did cleanup in the morning... *sheepish face* OMG I love the rain. The porch next to our window has a tin roof and I just lay there listening to it. So soothing.

      Delete
  5. I love this, so bright. As soon as I seen it I thought tie-dye. I love the sound of rain too, especially on a tin roof :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom said the same thing! She doesn't often comment on my nails, but she made a point of telling me she liked them and thought they looked like tie-dye. ^_^ OMG I was just saying how much I like the rain on a tin roof! (I really should start reading ahead lol) I need to get a recording of it to fall asleep to.

      Delete
  6. Those are soo stinkin cute!! Also, nice cleavage!! I really like it. It seems like a lot of work though. Rain and cooler temps are a nice change. So happy you guys got rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe thanks ;) Actually it wasn't too difficult. The hardest part was starting and trying to figure out where the one color was supposed to go on each nail. LOL

      Delete
    2. I would have gotten confused and frustrated and just would have forgotten the whole. thing. Kudos to you for keeping it all straight and coming out with some awesome nails.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! ^_^ It would have been much easier other ways. Today I'm about to link to a full neon rainbow on each finger (with picture tutorial). No need to remember color order. ;)

      Delete
  7. These are SOOOO pretty! Wow! definitely need to try something like this :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! hehehe You should. ;) It's tons of fun to look at throughout the day. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!