Friday, August 16, 2013

Maybelline: Styled Out +Fishies!

Oh my goodness I'm all kinds of late today. lol Sorry. ;) You know those days where things just keep coming up? I could have had this posted earlier, but wanted to wait for the fishies and then things just kept coming up. I'm here now, though, and boy do I have something pretty to show you!



This is one coat of Styled Out! One! Dries super quick to a semi-matte finish. Perfect for that denim look. I think I actually have a pair of jeans somewhere this exact color! Not sure where they might be... but I have them.



Swung by Ulta this morning so I could use my coupon. $3.50 off a $10 purchase. The ones that come in the mail say they're not good for clearance stuff *boo* and I almost got Orly Hayley's Comet that I've wanted forever, but then my eye caught Piggy Polish Blue-Mmmm. It doesn't look like much in this picture, but in real life it has a green and purple and gold sheen. Oh how I hope it shows up on the nail!!!



I also grabbed another bronzey eyeshadow from essence. This one is "sparkle" effect and not "metallic" effect so hopefully the shininess goes all the way through. :p I grabbed a pack of the french tip guides just to bring the total over $9.99. I got by with that once, but I don't know if it counts tax or if the lady was being nice because I keep going in there for more polish....

Before I get to the fishes, feast your eyes on this!!!



O_O!!! *dies* I wish we had a Boots or SuperDrug here.... Those look amazing! And they're supposed to not be textured, but they look textured and that's so intriguing. I think I may have to skip Sephora this year and concentrate on another Models Own haul.

Fishy time! Now, I remember in Germany the place we got our fish from was so far away that we got them all in one trip, but all of the directions and tips and stuff say not to add too many at once. So I opted for five teeny baby neon tetras:



And the smallest plecostomus they had at PetCo:



That little sucker (*pun*) did not want to come off the glass. Took the guy almost 10 minutes just to catch and bag him for us. lol The neons are so cute, though. They enjoy playing around in the current created by the waterfall-type filter. hehehe Also, four of them went to explore the other side of the tank (where the bar bubbler is) and the tiniest one didn't go with them so they all went back. They're sort of exploring the tank now, but they keep converging back under the waterfall. Man... I have missed having fish. Going to give these a week or two before adding any more. Make sure everything is a-okay.

Got Fortune Cookie slated for tomorrow. Going book shopping with Brak before she heads back to California. Then Cristy mentioned wanting to see Sunset Paradise so I will have that for her (and the rest of y'all) on Sunday. For now I'm going to go play Skyrim while Aaron's off hanging out. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! (^_^)"/"

27 comments:

  1. Oh my goddddd
    Are those cardinal tetra?!?! (looked them up, cardinal, neon, same thing lol)
    I have always wanted them for ages but my dad never bought them!
    One day, I will buy like 20 and just watch them swim around alll day long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nvm, neon and cardinal tetras are different, but yea they look very similar

      Delete
    2. lol They are basically the same, just that the cardinals get almost twice as big as the neons when fully grown. That's why I'm trying to stick to smaller tetras, so I can have a whole swarm of them! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I used to have neon tetras too! And cardinals. They are very pretty :) A friend of mine had one of those suction cup fishies, and it was absolutely massive! Like a foot long or something lol. Scared me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is insane! Aaron's friend has one that's about 6 inches long, I knew someone years ago that had one almost a foot long. Personally I've never had one get bigger than 3 inches. Hoping this one stays smaller... lol

      Delete
  3. I also have neon and phantom tetras . Not even heard of the new new models own collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoooh the phantom tetras are so cool! I can't wait to start seeing swatches of this collection. Definitely exciting!

      Delete
  4. OOoh Styled out sure is purty! Thanks for the swatch, I can't wait to wear this!!

    Also - How DARE you show me such a beautiful upcoming collection and enable me so! I would *never* dream of waving pretties under your nose and enabling you! *Lizzy gives Norma the Hairy Eyeball* *shifty eyes* Okay okay. Maaaybe I enabled you once or twice ;) Seriously though I'm running to google straight away to see this Model's Own collection!!

    OOH the little fishies are so cute and cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, you'd never go around enabling the weak, would you? LOL If you get any of these you HAVE to send pics! They're not up on NinjaPolish yet, but at $8/bottle I may have to alternate a few of these, the neons and the scented ones... Definitely think this might be my birthday haul. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Hehehe! Yeah nailpolishcanada said they're going to get these up soon (whoot)! Hopefully the free shipping promo will still be in effect. We'll see, heading to the states for our vacay at the end of august and I'm sure that'll put a dent in my polish 'allowance' hehehe!! If I cave and get the Models own (and I think I will, that collection is screaming my name!) will def send pics!

      Delete
    3. YES! ^_^ I can't wait! hehehe Ulta can definitely take a chunk out of your budget, though. Totally gonna have to let me know what all you pick up!

      Delete
    4. Will definitely do! I'm so excited!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Styled Out is pretty! Love the fishes and the looks of the Models Own polish, got me curious about them now LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I'm definitely intrigued by these. Going to have to get the blue and teal ones. ^_^

      Delete
  6. Love that Maybelline one! The Models Own ones aren't textured. Well, they are kinda but not really. They're called Velvet Goth because the lids are velvet. :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the swatches I've seen so far but don't think the velvet lids are a great idea. They'll be all pretty at first then get splattered with nail polish over time :/

      Delete
    2. Just found some swatches. lol Not quite what I expected? Still think I may have to get at least Absinthe. And possibly Valerian. I like the idea of the velvet lids, but yeah... doesn't seem like it would last long with much handling.

      Delete
  7. aww love your fishies! my mom has a ton of neons and they are so pretty!

    haley's comet is one of my favourite polishes, i have the quo dupe *turqoise morning) on my blog recently, but this piggy one (never heard of the brand before, but we might not have it in canada) looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was a dupe for Haley's Comet! Of course, I don't know if we get Quo down here, so... hrm... Next time I have a coupon I'm going to have to grab it and not let myself get distracted. lol

      Delete
    2. Yup! I guess OPI had - catch me in your net, and your beloved Essence had Choose Me, Zoya Charla, Jessie's girl Glee and WnW has Teal of fortune which so the blog says isn't a straight on dupe but is close http://anabksproudseabeespouse.blogspot.ca/2011/08/dupe-comparison-wet-n-wild-fast-dry.html

      Delete
    3. Hey! I have Zoya Charla! Is it really a dupe for Hayley's Comet? Guess I'll have to see for myself when I get it. hehehehe Thanks for the comparison opportunity heads-up. ;)

      Delete
    4. Seems like it! I was surprised at how many dupes and 'dupes' Halley's Comet had! Also, OOH! Comparison post! :)

      Delete
    5. That is kind of surprising. Now I can't wait to get it! I kind of HAVE to wait, but... I don't wanna.... *pouts*

      Delete
  8. FISHIES!!! Very cute!! I like the sucker thing!! He is really cool. And I LOVE that polish. I am making it my mission to find some tomorrow. And those Model's Own polishes....I am dying!!! Those are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Good luck on your polish finding mission! hehehehe So much fun. OMG Models Own kills me. So expensive to get here having to order it online. I wish wish WISH they would open a bottleshop here! Like in Dallas!!! hehehe I would totally make the trip with a wad of cash just for Models Own.

      Delete
    2. I didn't find that one, but I did find a cool holographic color called Blue Blaze. I haven't tried it yet (I mowed the lawn and didn't want to ruin a manicure) but I hope to tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. You should post a picture!! I haven't seen that one yet. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!