Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Orly: Halley's Comet vs Zoya: Charla

Ah, the gorgeous gorgeousness (which, surprisingly, isn't flagged as a typo) that is Orly Halley's Comet. Two coats.



I can't attest to dry time. I knew Charla is one of those slow-drying jellies so I just topcoated everything for consistency. Still, look how pretty!



Pretty. ^_^ lol

So Norma mentioned that word is Zoya Charla is supposed to be a dupe for Halley's Comet. Looking at the bottles they're obviously very close.



When I looked at them from the side, Charla (on the outside fingers) appeared slightly more green, but it didn't quite come out in the pictures.



The colors are very close. Very very close. I still want to say that Charla is just a teensy bit more green, but that could be because Charla is so much more sheer. Glad I did this over the french mani. If I were to pick sides I'd say color-wise, you probably don't need both. Unless you're a crazy person collector. ;) Formula-wise? Go for Halley's Comet. It is a tad sheer, but the shimmer disguises it better.



Egads... laptop is just cutting off left and right; took me three tries to get it turned on and working this morning. Frustrating, but as close as I am to the tablet I still feel like I'm so far away. I was talking to Dave last night and he made me promise not to spend my tablet money on anything else before he'd help me figure out if the new desktop pc I was looking at would be able to run Sims. lol So I did, and it should. I also told my mom (well ahead of time because I get my craziness from her) I'm looking for Walmart gift cards for my birthday and christmas. Things are going to come together. I think tomorrow I'm going to swatch Peach (with the water marble attempt I promised) and then Beauty Is A Battlefield! to see if this gorgeous satiny purple really is textured. So excited. Hope everyone is having a great week! (^_^)"/"

18 comments:

  1. Yea they look pretty darn similar, both beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, reminds me of mermaids. ^_^

      Delete
  2. This colors has lots of dupes. Let me think.....OPI catch me in your net and Essence choose me :) Still I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the OPI, but I do have Choose Me. I was also looking down my list and I think Butter London Bluey might be a dupe as well. Guess I don't get to cross it off my comparison list just yet. ;)

      Delete
  3. The OPI version whatever it's called is one of my favourite polishes. Stupidly being discontinued I'm chuffed to know there are several dupes! Thanks for swatching :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I think I may start setting aside one day a week for comparisons. I only have four on my list, but I'm sure I could come up with more if I think about it. lol

      Delete
  4. both so pretty! I have another dupe of this on my blog turqoise morning from quo by orly, which I love, it's the same as Halley's comet, both are so pretty, one of my favourite polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous color. I was almost sad to take it off.

      Delete
  5. Charla definitely has a more greenish cast, but both are so pretty. My daughter would flip for those right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you could see it. Sometimes I worry colors aren't coming across in the pictures. I wish I had camera-eyeballs.

      Delete
    2. Don't we all. I wish the camera picked up the colors that the eye sees. I guess that is what editing is for. :)

      Delete
    3. LOL! Yeah, for now anyway. One day... camera eyeballs. ;)

      Delete
  6. Ahh so pretty! I thought of you on my American polish haul because I found Halley's comet! I'd seen so many swatches but pics did NOT do that beauty justice. Snatched her up real quick ;) Halley's comet is part of orly's cosmic fx line if I'm not mistaken. I have Lunar Eclipse, Galaxy Girl and Space Cadet and all of those took a a long time to dry so good call on putting a fast dry top coat on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AIYEEEE!!!! *tacklehugs* So good to have you back! I think the only other Cosmic FX one I have is Space Cadet, but I'm totally loving them so I think the rest are definitely going on my wishlist. ;)

      Delete
    2. *Tackle hugs back!!* Glad to be back in my blog home - squatters rights! :D OOH YES Space Cadet is a beauty isn't she! Hehe more on your wish list? ;) I'm back one day and we're already enabling each other hehehe!

      Delete
    3. LOL I know! We're so bad for each other. ;) hehehe You're absolutely welcome to squat on my blog. .....as bad as that sounds. lol

      Delete
    4. Hehe thanks! *fluffs pillow, unrolls sleeping bag* :-D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!