Sunday, August 25, 2013

Piggy Polish: Blue-Mmmm & Sally Hansen: Sage Smash

HULK SMASH! SMASH SMASH SMASH!!! o_O Sorry, stuck in my head. All of the fishes are doing great, getting along and still alive. Teensy bit surprised since I forgot to plug the heater back in last night. *whoops* So the tank got down to 74 by morning. Good thing I don't live someplace cold. Definitely going to invest in a better heater with a temperature control. Before winter...

I think I should tattoo on the back of my hand "Piggy Polish will be sheer and take forever to dry: are you sure you need this color?". :p



This is three (yes, three) coats of Blue-Mmmm over one coat of China Glaze Icicle. To combat the sheerness. I couldn't quite capture the purple sheen, though. It mostly made appearances indoors, in the dark. Stubborn sheen...



In spite of using some quick-dry drops and waiting hours before bed I still ended up with some sheet/hair marks. Topcoating over didn't help since you could still see it in the shimmer... crackle helps, though. Crackle always helps. Bring on one thickish coat of Sage Smash!



If you're thinking "This looks a lot like Jade-D... you're right. They are similar, but I'm going to have to compare them over black to see if they're actually the same color glitter or not.



Which I will. It's on my list. Directly under comparing Zoya Charla against Orly Halley's Comet! Which I picked up yesterday in the midst of my business. Hopefully it's more opaque than Charla. :/ I'll get a picture of the bottle tonight because I should be coming home with some essence. OMG We took his friend, Nathan, out to the PetSmart and PetCo in Temple (because any place is better than here and they did have some fish we hadn't seen before) and ended up going to the HEB in Belton. I guess the one thing Killeen does have going for it (here lately and for now, anyway) is stocking the essence trend edition displays. Going to be my first stop when we get there today...

Tomorrow I'm taking my dad back to Dallas. *sigh* Shortest. Week. Ever. Except for how busy it was. Longest shortest week ever. :p I do have something sort of ambitious in mind for tomorrow's mani (inspired by a link Norma sent to me) so I'm going to go ahead and get started on that now. On top of the moneymaking. Oy... Can't give up now. Hope everyone had a phenomenal weekend!! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I love Hailey's comet! I have the Quo by Orly verision up on my blog recently it's called turqoise morning and it's one of my absolute favourite polishes. this one is okay, but sounds like the application makes it a definite no. i haven't seen this brand around anyway so at least i won't be too tempted!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh lucky you! I am always tempted by Piggy Polish. lol They have some really pretty and unique colors, but the formula is always a bit of a struggle. :/ I remember you posting Turquoise... says Moonlight on your blog. ;) Either way: GORGEOUS! Now I'm even more excited for Halley's Comet! :D

      Delete
  2. That is as pretty as I thought it was going to be. I have no idea why you have something about the hulk stuck in your head...lol. I do not like the dry time or the sheerness of the polish. I don't have that much time to dedicate to some nails drying. I just wanted you to know I think you are fantastic. I have loved getting to know you over these past couple of months. I feel like I have known you for years instead of 3ish months. I seriously cannot wait until I get the opportunity to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol "Sage Smash" ;) Anything about smashing always comes back to the Hulk. AW! *blushes* I think you're fantastic, too! *TACKLEHUGS* Has it only been 3ish months? It really does seem like longer than that. hehehe

      Delete
  3. OOH I'm excited to see what you come up with! Also thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid Piggy Polish. It's pretty but it takes hours to dry? >_< No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so far in my experience. Their glitters are alright, but stay away from the others. Ya know, for now. ;) Once your collection reaches massively epic proportions and you've run out of other brands... then you can dive in. LOL I'm sure I'll get more and if I ever come across one that goes on opaque and dries quickly, y'all will be the first to hear about it.

      Delete
  4. That crackle looks fun, paired with a black should be fun for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! YES! Definitely going to do that. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I like both but with the glitter crakle looks even better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! *happy dance for crackle* ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!