Friday, August 2, 2013

Pink & Purple Sponge Gradient

Hi everybody! This summer is killing me! :p Lots of daytime sleeping going on. Took my mom to Georgetown yesterday and passed out as soon as we got back. I'm back today, though, with something absolutely spectacularly pretty pretty pretty. ^_^ I started with two coats of Senorita Bonita over Black To The Roots, then last night I did some sponging adding Little Bo Pink.



First let me share with you the humongous mess I made. It didn't occur to me until I was done that I could have used the glue around my nails as a handy peel-off barrier. :p





LOL As much cleanup as that was, it was totally worth it.



Little Bo Pink probably would have looked a little more pink if I had applied that first (it looks slightly more orangey in real life), but... I didn't think about this until after I wore Senorita Bonita for a day.



Still pretty. Think I'm going to give this one more day and try one of those reciprocal gradients. Get some use out of that striping tape. ;)

I did have a face for yesterday, but... ya know... the sleep. Also, I don't know if it was psychological, but I felt like my eyes were off. When I started applying that pretty bronze, I noticed this:



o_O So... only the top part of it is shiny? Is that normal? I felt like one eye was decidedly more sparkly than the other. Hrm. I don't know when I'll get around to trying again. The landlord's being a real hardass about mowing the yard (like, for real, being a buttface out of nowhere about it) and Aaron's mom would like us to do hers as well. And... the mower isn't starting again. -_- Draining out the old oil presently, but I'm not sure if it's going to help this time. Looks like we have oil leaking onto the spark plug and that's no bueno. I'm going to pull out all my tricks, but I fear this time it may be a lost cause. We shall see. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. What a pretty mani!
    It's so strange about that eyeshadow, if you ask me, I think they are cheaping people out! Other brands do this but only for patterns they print over the shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of what I thought. Essence is cheap (price-wise) anyway, and they try to keep cost down, but that's still a bit disappointing...

      Delete
  2. Ugh (((Lizzy))) also - wtf about the eye shadow?? WHY would they only make the top sparkly?? I love the mani though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Norma))) I have no idea... I may suck it up and see if the Maybelline color tattoo shadow comes in bronze; I think the original bronze I fell in lurve with was Maybelline and those color tattoo pots are AMAZING! *dies* I think $6 might be okay for bronze (if they make it) since I'd wear it all the time... maybe... (cheapskate alert - lol)

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE...I mean LOOOOVE your choice today. Pink and purple is my favorite color combo. It is gorgeous!! I hate it when lawnmowers go on the fritz. We bought our current one from the man across the street when him and his wife decided to get an apartment. We saw how well he took care of it. We payed $100 and that sucker runs like a charm. First pull and it starts without any priming. He also gave us a second identical lawnmower that someone returned to the store (he works for Lowe's) for parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Glad you like it. It's not difficult, either, if you wanted to try and recreate it. Sponging is even easier than dots! OMG Aaron's uncle went out and bought us a new mower (also cuz we mow his yard, too lol) and it's so nice. I'm going to try really hard to take good care of it, but come winter I know I'm going to forget...

      Delete
    2. His uncle is wonderful!! Of course he benefits from it as well. :)

      Delete
    3. lol Yeah, I try not to think about that part too much. ;) Makes it seem like a nicer gesture.

      Delete
  4. Double Mowing & Reciprocal Gradient Accent - wow that does sound impressive- even more impressive is the clean up ! wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ Yeah, I was pretty happy with the easy cleanup. Glue. Who would've thought? lol

      Delete
  5. The glue is such a good idea! It's a pretty gradient, I am wondering what you are going to do on it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!