Monday, August 5, 2013

Prismatic Chroma Glitter Comparison (+Another Essence Haul)

Ladies, ladies, ladies... and gents? Yes, I'm insanely weak. First, though, I decided that since I don't think I had ever done a proper side-by-side comparison of my three China Glaze Chroma Glitters that it was the perfect excuse to also try out the glue as a basecoat. :D That part kind of took forever. I found an old brush in the bottom of my nail art tub, but it still went on a tad thick. I'm learning, though. Always learning. I'm not sure how many of you were here when I first swatched these glitters, but by their bizarre duochrome nature I had to make sure to keep close track of the order of the bottles and which nails they went onto. Side by side like this they don't look that similar, but they can change at different angles and depending on the angle some bottles look like other bottles... it's kind of a mess.



Left to right: Optical Illusion, Full Spectrum, and Ray-Diant. GLITTER SKITTLES! hehehe



I started with the glue, let that dry (except in two spots which scrunched up upon polish application....), one coat of Maybelline Onyx Rush, then two of each of the respective glitters.



I thought that I wasn't going to end up getting any pictures of the glue mani removal, but... one nail decided to jump ship early.



lol Yes, Norma, I know. "Wrap your tips". Which I didn't. So the tip started coming loose as I was typing earlier and the rest just popped right off. Awesome. Far far easier than soaking and scrubbing. Thanks, Norma! Never would have thought to use glue as a basecoat. Now I don't have to be scared about swatching glitters! :D

I went out this morning with the intention of heading straight to the bank and coming straight back. Then... I got the itch. The polish itch. I had a feeling and detoured to Ulta. They had Orly on sale for $5/each. Not bad, but I had to make the rounds. The main polish area was about the same, nothing new on clearance, no new displays. The shelf where they used to keep the clearance polishes is now stocked with yoga stuff. Weird. Then... Luck! Remember my speculation that HEB was selling off old essences to rotate in some of the 'new' core polishes that we didn't get the first time around? Well, Ulta did just that! There are some from the original line still in there (like Modern Romance) and some from the first round of the new ones (like Oh My Glitter!), but they also had several new colors! So, naturally, I grabbed one of each. hehehe I am not missing another essence polish if I can help it!



Left to right: Do You Speak Love?, Little Miss Sunrise, Miss Universe, Hello Marshmallow!, Sweet Or Nude?, and Deep Sea, Baby. A couple of those I'm really excited to try. Namely Little Miss Sunrise and Hello Marshmallow!. Also, essence now has their own insta-dry polish drops! ^_^ It was only... $3? So I may pick up more bottles of that if I find it works well. Their polish dries amazingly quickly anyway, so I may have to test with something else. While on my way towards the register I passed the shelves where they do have some extra clearance polishes and lo and behold!



Razzleberry and Cherry Drop for $3/each! *dies* There was also the yellow one, but I was okay leaving that one behind. Was really hoping they would have the white, but I scoured the shelf to no avail. *sigh* Ah well, I got these two for less than half price and that's just super. All this polish for less than $20. *happy dance* Oh, but wait! I get home and there's this in my inbox:



Aw man what?! So very tempting, but... It's not my birthday yet. lol Still working on the tablet. Seriously need another small drawer thingy specifically for my essences. Lot of stuff going on. Maybe they'll have another kickass sale come November. Also, still swatching Madly Purpled tomorrow. Then I'll start working on the new ones. ;)

Weird, just got a survey on instantcashsweepstakes about my blogging habits and if I had a lawyer ready in case I got sued... Uhm... is that a common problem now? I know there was that thing with Sinful Colors stealing blogger pics a while back, but I don't recall hearing anything about bloggers getting sued. *shrugs* Whatever. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I'll see you tomorrow with some awesome matte lavender!

9 comments:

  1. I have optical illusions, I might use the glue method because the removal of that thing is a byotch
    Let us know how the drying drops work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, even with just one coat. This made it SO much easier. I'll definitely keep ya posted on the drops!

      Delete
  2. I am dying over your insanely awesome haul!! I cannot wait to see hello marshmallow and Miss Universe. I feel so out of touch lately because life decided to get busy on me. Did you use elmer's glue as a base coat? And do you only do that for your glitters? I am very curious now. I love the full spectrum best (what can I say, I love purple). I realllly need to come visit you and your massive polish collection. I will be your nail model. :) Sugar coat for $3??? At Target it's $6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks *bows* hehehe I definitely get a bit of satisfaction being able to come home with an armful of polish. ;) Yeah, Norma suggested using the Elmers glue as a basecoat for glitters and she was right! It just pops right off. Normally I use regular basecoat, but I'm definitely switching to the glue for glitters. I was SO surprised to see the Sugar Coats so cheap!! Even on sale I've seen them about $5 or $6. $3 was just too cheap to pass up.

      Delete
    2. *grins and nods* glue is AWESOME for a glitter basecoat but you can use it for any nail polish so long as you're okay with the fact that the mani will prob only last a day or so :)

      Delete
  3. WOW What fantastic sales!! Also *gives Lizzy a high five* the glue is amazing is it not! my only gripe is when a nail pops off before I want it to but shoot, that's a small gripe! Next time try thin coats of glue if you can, thin coats tend to dry pretty quick. Also the thicker the glue coat the easier (which may or may not be what you want!) the nail will pop off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* Totally amazing!! ^_^ So much to learn, but totally worth the effort and time.

      Delete
  4. Lovely colors. Just bought new sand effect nail polishes will be reviewing soon. Their great. I didn't get any of this china glaze collection they were quite expensive here and didn't find any on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoooooh! Can't wait to see the sand effects! :D I think these particular ones were pretty expensive over here as well. Some of the "specialty" China Glaze ones are.... :/

      Delete

I love hearing from you!