Monday, August 12, 2013

Recreating Norma's Rave-worthy Combo

hehehe So Norma invaded my inbox raving about layering Sally Hansen Aisle Be There over China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-le. As excited as she was (still is?), I don't have Aisle Be There! *cries* She did send this link and while I don't have a pink shimmer in a clear base... I do have a pink shimmer in a sheer blue base in Models Own Indian Ocean!



So the blue probably washed out some of the periwinkle goodness, but I think this combination still looks pretty fantastic.



Now *ahem* Norma didn't send me any pictures of her mani for me to compare mine to (which you are welcome to do any time!), so I don't know if this is even close, but I'm sure if you scan the comments she'll let us all know what she thinks. Or, if you have any of these colors you can try it out for yourself and let us all know how it works out. ^_^ Feel free to send pics, or if you have your own blog shoot me the link and I'll do an update post!



This combo looks much more delicate outside in the direct sun. Indoors the pink really overpowers the periwinkle. Still, even under my 'magic' shadow, it really is something to behold. If I do say so myself. LOL



So pretty and definitely worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion, Norma!! If anybody else has any layering suggestions they're really excited about let me know! If I have the colors (or similar colors) I'll definitely try it out. :) If nothing else it makes me feel better about having hundreds of polishes I've only worn once. hehehe

Tomorrow I'm going to do the Maybelline Silver Stunner crackle over one of my darker untrieds. Either Who Is Mr Brown or Deep Sea, Baby. The other one I don't use I'm saving for Wednesday because we have a funeral to go to and I'm not about to wear something bright and fun to that. Then Thursday I'm going to try out one of the Sally Hansen textures. Haven't decided which one (or both?) yet, so if you have a preference between blue and red just let me know! If nothing comes up I'll probably go with Fortune Cookie for Friday. Still not a superfan of yellow so I want to get that out of the way, too. lol

Time to pee and get ready to take my sister to work. *feh* Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! (^_^)"/"

17 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy
    Hope you had a great weekend. I think both colours look fantastic together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous! Love it :)
    My favourite layering that I have ever done is probably this one: http://thenailbuff.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/sparkly-teal-layering.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is super pretty! I wonder if I have anything similar.... ^_^

      Delete
  3. *faints* that combo is amazing! Hehe and you're damn skippy I'm still excited! ;p But you're right, Aisle be there has sparser pink shimmer so the pink wasn't as prominent and overpowering as it is with Indian Ocean. But who cares??? Both combos are freaking amazing!!!!

    Humm maybe try the red textured if you're still taking votes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad it was at least close. ^_^ Definitely very pretty and Secret Peri-Wink-le was PERFECT as a base for Indian Ocean!

      Always taking votes. :) With so many polishes it can be very difficult to pick one, even if it's only for a day. lol

      Delete
  4. I love it!!! The colors together are AMAZING!! I am not a fan of yellow either, who wants to look jaundice on their fingernails....haha. So, WHEN we finally meet and hang out and stuff, we are so going to sit around painting our nails and watching youtube of baby animals! Finally, someone I can go "Awww, look at this" and they won't roll their eyes at me (ahem...husband).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Totally! Sounds like a perfect time to me. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I honestly have never thought about finger nails as much as I have since finding you and the Sloths a couple of months back. They all look so beautiful and professionally done. I am envious but nail enamel retarded of course. Still, i love to watch x ( not in a creepy old lady way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy at all. ^_^ I'm glad you've been enjoying yourself. All it takes is a little practice. I have a few posts from last year that are a horrific mess. lol

      Delete
  6. ohhh this is so pretty what a nice combo! also i really want that china glaze now, periwinkle is one of my favourite colours :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally get it! Secret Peri-Wink-le definitely does not disappoint! :D

      Delete
  7. Oh my, this is a fabulous combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? ^_^ So delicate and pretty.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!