Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sally Hansen: Cherry Drop

Just a quick post today. I've got two coats of Cherry Drop. I thought this would be more like the China Glaze and Milani cream-based textures, but I got some PDL (phantom dirt line, feel free to spread that around lol) so it's like they used your basic heavily pigmented jelly on this one. It did dry really quick like most texture polishes, though.



Still pretty overcast so I don't know if you can tell, but the red in this leans a bit orange. Not a lot, but it's not the real "crayon" red I was expecting.



Also, the wear was pretty horrific. I was going to wear this for pics tonight, but I had to remove it. Chips galore. I don't hate it, but... I'm very glad I didn't pay full price.

Since we are doing pics tonight I don't think I'll be swatching Fortune Cookie until Saturday. Tomorrow I'll have Styled Out which says "denim" on the side so *fingers crossed* it looks denimy! I missed a lot of the denim collections that came out so having at least one would be nice. lol Hope everyone's having a great week! Tomorrow I should have pics of fishies. (^_^)"/"

18 comments:

  1. What a shame about the chipping, because I really like it! I am a fan of the textured polishes, I'm glad you are showing me so many of them :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love the textures, too! I keep checking Ulta for the new PixieDusts, but so far no luck. :(

      Delete
  2. Chips? That's no good. Though I guess they'd be easier to touch up than with a regular creme or shimmer polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, this doesn't sound that great, definitely skipping out on it, they cost $9 here in canada!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Yeah, I think they're $7 or $8 here normally. So glad I got this one on clearance. Here's hoping Razzleberry works a bit better.

      Delete
  4. I really want to try these, but what a shame about the quick chipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty disappointing. I was a little rough on them, but dang...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yeah. :( Hopefully Razzleberry will do better. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  6. I have noticed SH has changed their brand. Yes, it dries quick, but I can't do anything without it chipping. It really kinda pisses me off. I love that color and texture though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't generally buy them because they're so expensive. It does seem like the older polishes wear a lot better, though. :/

      Delete
  7. Sugar Coated ? This one I am less than impressed with merely because of the lollies my kids used to like when they were younger. Sugar coated sour fruits or some such. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, they're not very sugary looking. I wonder if that's why it's so sheer? Hrm....

      Delete
  8. Very pretty texture very similar to the Barry M ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the texture. Definitely going to have to save up for some of the Barry M ones. I just got a promo for some new Models Own, though, that look AMAZING! Really need to take a trip to England....

      Delete
  9. urgh. Chips! I'll pass on this one. I picked up Styled Out about a month ago, though. Haven't worn it yet. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You HAVE to wear it! I know I'm late posting today (was waiting until we got the fishies in the tank), but whatever you paid for it was worth it. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!