Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sally Hansen: Razzleberry

I am pleased to report that Razzleberry worked a lot better for me than Cherry Drop. lol No sheerness here!



Two coats, super quick dry time. Just what I was looking for. I really like this one. A lot brighter than I expected.



Awesome.

Now, a bit of sad news. :( We lost one of the tetras. He was a bit runty and not very strong to begin with, but it's still kind of sad. I don't know if he died during the night and got sucked into the filter, or if the suction was too strong and the filter killed him. According to my dad, though, back in the day he and my mom had a tank and they were constantly finding fish in the filter, so I don't feel as bad... The remaining four appear to be pretty strong and as long as things continue to go well then we'll likely pick up some more fishies on Friday. I was reading some forum online and you had all kinds of people saying "different kinds of tetras won't school together, they'll form separate schools", but that has never been my experience. *shrugs* Whatever. lol

I'm skipping the September Julep box. I was really excited about the oil facial cleanser, but... man... I'm not interested in the matte face primer (I just don't wear that much makeup!) and all of the color selections were 1-good 1-meh. Last October's crackle combo was freakin' awesome so hopefully they'll do something at least as good this year.

I have a fun, neon nail art idea I've been mulling over all summer and I want to do that tomorrow before summer gets away from me. :p Then Thursday I'm going to swatch Miss Universe and attempt something fun with the caviar beads. ^_^ Not sure if I'm going to go for an accent or attempt some caviar tips... we'll see. Could be both. o_O lol

Okay, going to get started since I know my white base is going to take longer than it should to dry. Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Take care and be safe out there. (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Aww too bad about the fishie, my condolences :(
    I am skipping Julep too.... AGAIN, I am so annoyed that they haven't released any good colors for such a long time! They seriously need to step it up!
    If you are interested in a similar cleaning oil (it's definitely not an original idea from julep, no surprise) the supreme cleansing oil by sephora is a very affordable alternative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks *hugs*

      Yeah, I actually clicked on the video and noticed a whole ton of them on youtube already. I'll definitely look into the Sephora one. ^_^

      Delete
  2. where do you get all your samples from? Is it a monthly thing, sent to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which samples? I subscribe to Julep and Nail Art Society. Beyond that I buy everything. Can be kind of an expensive addiction... lol

      Delete
  3. Aww that sucks about the fishies :( *eh* I'm usually unimpressed with Julep's selections. So unimaginative. But I haven't cancelled my sub. yet in case they come out with something good. Oh well, saves me $20 a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's the way I've been looking at it. One of these months they're really gonna wow us with something. At least they make it super easy to skip. SO happy about that!

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your fishy...I can't wait to see what else you put in there. I wasn't super excited about the September box either. Eventually I will get a box from them. I will look at nail art society. I love the color of the sugar coat. I eye it every time I go to Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrm. Nail Art Society was *supposed* to be doing referrals since they updated their system, but I can't find a link... if you're interested it's simply www.nailartsociety.com. Of course you can always wait to see what's in the August 'box' when I get it. They should be shipping soon....

      Delete
    2. I will definitely wait and see what you get. I need to look more online for polishes. I am afraid though of the color not being as pretty as it is online.

      Delete
    3. That can be a problem. If I'm ever unsure then I try to search as many swatches I can find. Usually somebody will mention "it's more ____ than it looks in these pics" or dry time issues and stuff like that. Not always (*cough~Nfu-Oh 40~cough*), but most times. lol

      Delete
  5. sorry about your tetra! I'm upgrading julep this month, I actually really liked it , so you'll be able to see all the polishes on my blog in case you decide there are any you like later :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!