Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sinful Colors: Laced Up +August NAS

Today's been a bit of a rough day. Not sure why, exactly. Went to bed on time and woke up tired. Took a nap earlier and I still feel like I could lay back down. :/ I think part of it is fishtank frustration. Water's been cloudy for over a week. Tried this water clarifier stuff, changed the filter, changed some of the water. Looking like I'm going to have to scoop out the fishies for an even bigger water change, rinse out the gravel and try again.... The pH is a little high, but nothing abnormal. Everything else is in normal ranges. I just don't get it. I've never had this problem before! So frustrating... among other things. Anyway, at least I have pretty pretty polish. ^_^



Two coats of Laced Up. Except for my middle finger. It dried matte fairly quickly (which was fun to watch it go from shiny to matte), but didn't fully dry as quickly and I got some dents. The third coat filled all that in, though.



Pretty polish makes everything better.

Got a rather nice (ish) surprise when Aaron grabbed the mail today. Guess that $5 that Nail Art Society is charging for shipping now wasn't for nothing! Got three of these new Orly Instant-Artist Water-based paint. Technically four, but the white had a blowout in our hot oven of a mailbox.



Jet Black, True Blue and Platinum. If you haven't seen these yet, they are waterbased, so they're more like the acrylic paint that people use for more blended-looking nail art. They have the long, thin detail brush. There was a pamphlet with the colors (which you can check out here if you like) and an idea sheet, but... they were covered in white paint. Aaron says I should bring it up and get a replacement, I'm thinking it's a lot of trouble for white paint. I also got some pretty water decals.



Silver ones and colored ones. Never heard of Cala before, says they're made in Korea. Let's see... I don't think they have a website, but they are on eBay and amazon (and some other e-shops) and OMG FROGS!!! Okay, okay, closing out amazon... before I do something I'll regret. ;)

Still planning on doing a full on water marble for tomorrow. *fingers crossed* Then... I dunno. Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. If you would use the white I'd definitely ring up and get a replacement, you're entitled to it! The stickers are cute, I like the little silver decals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzy, I'm so sorry your ORLY Instant Artist in Crisp White leaked! If you contact us through our website, we'll send you a replacement kit right away.

    Christina Pham,
    Interactive Creative Director, Nail Art Society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Goodness. ^_^ Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. ^^That is awesome customer service! Those colors are pretty. I really like the vibrance of the blue. I love the matte manicure. I love matte polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? :D By far some of the nicest people I've dealt with. hehehehe I love matte, too. So soft and purdy. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!