Friday, September 27, 2013

BornPrettyStore Stamping Plate QA17

Hey everyone! First, apparently, there are two QA17 plates available on bornprettystore, the one I got has this cute little schoolgirl on it.



The other one has angry birds. lol

I started with a base of my last mani, Sci-Fly By and stamped with Camelot.

I had so much fun stamping with this plate. As I mentioned previously I had a little difficulty with the star design, but once I switched to Camelot and started swiping at an angle it worked a lot better. First, an overview.





The only design I didn't use was the (I assume?) Chinese lettering. I have no idea what it says and didn't want to put it on upside-down or something.

It's got two repeating full nail designs. Stars and what I assume is teddy bear heads? It looks like Mickey Mouse head to me, but it's probably a teddy bear.





The teddy bears actually came out better in the testing phase... the stars came out way better upon actual application. o_O

We've got the little girls head wearing a cute little hat.



The little girl (sans hat) with her arms in the air.



I'm a little disappointed in myself here. I tested this one three times because of the big empty space for her hair. It came out perfectly each time until I went to put it on my nail. >_<

This next one is actually two stamps put together. I assumed the blank oddly-shaped one was intended to give some color to the girls clothes, so that's what I did. (using Hot Like Lava) Even though I knew there was no way I was going to get it to line up perfectly.



And I didn't! lol I don't mind it being a little off-set, though, as it reminds me of those old cartoons where sometimes you can tell when the color cell and outline cell didn't quite line up properly before photographing. It did give her clothes some color and I like that.

Finally there is a massive image of the girls face wearing the hat which I used on my big toes.



So so cute and, like I said, so much fun. I can't wait to try out the cow and pig one. ^_^ If you're interested in getting this plate it's only 99cents at the moment and with free shipping. Just click here. lol You're welcome. ;)

Gearing up for something (hopefully) super cool and pretty special (to me, anyway) so come on back. (^_^)"/" Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. chibi maruko chan is the name of the little girl, I watched that show while I was growing up, it was incredibly relatable and heart warming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you very much! I didn't know she was from a show. I'll have to see if it's on hulu or Netflix and check it out. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Nope, but they do have it on YouTube. Yay!

      Delete
    3. Yea, it's pretty old, I don't think it ever made it big in North America.

      Delete
    4. I don't think so either. I watched a few episodes and it's not too hard to follow without subtitles... lol

      Delete
  2. Very cute. I have my eye on the snow white one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is really nice, too! ^_^ I like the center design.

      Delete
  3. I am sticking with Mickey heads (of course). You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!