Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Milani: Hi-Res

Ever find yourself in one of those days where every little thing is just ripe with spaziness? Check me out because I am so there. lol Things started off okay. Two coats of Misa Sorry, Just Can't Help It, added two coats of Milani Hi-Res... Then I added some lines with the Orly Jet Black and was super happy and proud of myself until I realized... I made crayon wrappers.... *facepalm*



Super sparkly and ultra pretty crayon wrappers, but now I can't get that visual out of my head! I should just give in to the spaz and do a crayon skittles mani. lol Hi-Res is fabulous, smooth formula, two coats... I said that already... Can't really say about the dry time since I did topcoat, but with four coats of polish underneath I didn't end up with any wonky dents or anything. So that's good.



So pretty.

So Norma and I were sitting here calculating how much I have left to save for the tablet. It was $81. Was... Until I spied people posting up swatches of these ILNP (I Love Nail Polish) "ultra chromes" on facebook! Ultra what?! So then we started ooh-ing and aah-ing over those, calculating shipping to our respective real-life houses (nobody wants to ship to a digital couch cushion fort in cyberspace, and why would they?). Shipping is very reasonable, but at $12.50 a pop I just sadly closed out the tab and cried a little... shortly after I got a little present in my inbox. A 10% off code to entice me into completing my order. o_O To make a long story short (too late) in the most incredibly spazzy moment ever I swiftly cashed out from OpinionOutpost and ordered a bottle of Mutagen for myself. Go ahead, click it. I'll wait... *hums softly*... Isn't that freakin' amazing?! Those swatches don't even do it half justice! Check these out! And the ones on facebook are even prettier! *falls over* So, yeah, I need $95 more for the tablet now. :p

In addition, I just got my confirmation for the next Nail Art Society kit. Also got a "Maven preview" for the next Julep box. Won't know about the colors for another couple of days, but it's going to have eyeliner... *shrugs* Still waiting on my bornprettystore order... although those usually take a month or longer to get here. *cries* I haven't find the Nabis yet, but I still have a couple of places I can check. In the meantime I have ATTEN Hut! for tomorrow and plenty more money to be made on the internet.

That's all for me. I'll be sitting here trying to make back some of that tablet money, and staring at my order confirmations willing them to get here already... lol Hope everyone's having a fantastic Wednesday!! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. LOL I didn't even notice that your nails looked like crayon wrappers till you said so! I still think they look fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks. ;) Definitely the most fab crayon wrappers ever. hehehehe

      Delete
  2. hehe! Oh man those polishes are alll kinda pretty. I managed to resist buying so far but how much longer can I hold out? We'll see >_< LOVE this swatch!!!!! OMG you've gotta use these milanis over and over so we can see diff looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I found my new favorite splurge zone!!! LOL I have to get the rest. And possibly some other ones because there are some hella pretty glitters in there!! I don't care if it's indie or not, from what I've seen that is some high quality polish. Here's hoping it's worth the price!

      hehehe Yeah, I'm getting to the point now where I'm going to have to start rewearing old colors. That's okay, though! Every day doesn't have to be totally brand new... ;)

      Delete
  3. Being a fan of purple I do love those nails. I know I have said it a million times but I really didnt know there was so much to know about nail enamels. When i told my friends I was following a nail blog she said'surly there is not enough to write about nails everyday " I just laughed because now I know better. The black stripes on purple are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ I'm so glad you like them. It's funny, a little over a year ago I would have said the exact same thing. I've learned so much and I still feel like I'm learning new things all the time!

      Delete
  4. I love the melanie holo, that's pretty awesome that you can put it over whatever polish you want!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bases do have some tint to them. I think next I'll swatch them all over white. ^_^

      Delete
  5. HOLO PURPLE.

    *dies*

    that's all.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The strips in the tip go very well with the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crayon wrappers or not, they are gorgeous!! I am a sucker for purple and black!!! Oooh, I can't wait to see some of your new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Yay! They really do go so well together!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!