Thursday, September 26, 2013

Proc!aim Argan Oil Hair Treatment

Yeah, you saw that right. There's an exclamation point in the name on the bottle. Proc!aim Argan Oil Hair Treatment.



I picked up this little (15ml) bottle at Sally's Beauty Supply this past weekend. Started using it... Monday? Wow. To give you an idea of, perhaps, why I'm as impressed as I am, let's take a little trip back in time.

When I was young I always had long, curly hair. Not super tight curls, but definite distinct curls. A fact that my mother took great joy in.



When I was 13 or 14 I finally talked her into letting me cut and dye my hair. The biggest surprise? No more curls!



Over the past nearly twenty years I've continually dyed my hair and kept it at varying lengths. Above my shoulders it goes straight with just a bit of curl at the ends; below my shoulders it develops frizzy, unformed waves.



Then I started using this Argan Oil after my shower. I only need a little bit and use my fingers to comb it through my damp hair. I really like that it doesn't pick up the "semi-permanent" dye like some other products do, which turns my hands all kinds of interesting colors.



As a general rule I comb through my hair from time to time while it's drying to keep it from turning into a frizzy, curly, tangled up mess on my head. (one time I left the house with totally wet hair and came home looking like a deranged Shirley Temple) I did the same thing after using the oil and...



The curls are still there! They refused to be brushed out. What's more my hair is so shiny and nearly devoid of frizz! O_O



I am just blown away. I had read about Argan Oil on a few blogs but figured it would end up being like everything else that didn't work. My bangs are driving me nuts trying to curl off every-which-way, but overall I think I like what's going on with my hair. Looking at the picture I think, perhaps, I should concentrate more on the ends and not so much at the top. lol I'm definitely going to buy this stuff again. I don't know if Sally's would still have this particular kind (or how much a full bottle would be), but for the moment I'm enjoying the shine and definition.

Tomorrow I'm coming back with one of my bps stamping plates. I hope I can get the one design to work. I have such issues with sharp angles... intrigued? Good! lol Hope everyone's having an amazing week! (^_^)"/"

13 comments:

  1. OOH! This did wonders for your hair! If Sallys doesn't have another bottle of that what about Moroccan hair oil? I've heard lots of good stuff about that too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be the same thing? Up in the very top right in teeny print it says "With ARGAN OIL from Morocco". *shrugs* I'm hoping it's the same thing. lol I can't believe I'm actually starting to like my hair again! o_O

      Delete
    2. Yea from my experience, most hair oils are all pretty good, there is no huge difference between the 80$ one and the 8$ one...
      TJ Maxx or ross always have decent ones for less

      Delete
    3. Oooh! Thanks. I'll check Ross for it next time I'm over there. ^_^

      Delete
  2. My hair is just like yours just develop curls half way. is not really straight or curly :) I also use argan oil but from other brand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! :D Kind of frustrating, though, isn't it? Being halfway between curly and straight. lol

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I love argan oil treatments, one that's REALLY worked well is pro naturals argan oil, I also have a hair mask from the same brand and it's super hydrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. ^_^ I'll keep my eyes open for the pro naturals.

      Delete
  4. I love trying new hair products, This sounds really nice and I've found that pretty much any argan oil with make my hair dry faster than it usually does. So scared I'm going to knock it off the bench and have it smash everywhere :) Aragn Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wished I had any kind of curl to my hair. It doesn't even stay curled if I slept in curlers. I love your hair color though!! I have great curl envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I have straight hair envy. These curls are driving me nuts. It's even worse now that I've used the oil a few times. But, I guess, at least the frizz is gone.

      Delete
  6. The fatty acids of the Argan oil smooths and cover the particular follicle shaft and maintain the quality of the color treated hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to look shinny as well as stylish hair person that everybody has given you respect, then come to our service for fascinating hair cut.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!