Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sinful Colors: Leather Loose & Hair Pt 1

Hello, dolls! Got my ticket payment in the mail so I'm refusing to worry about it any longer. Brak got caught speeding in a school zone this summer as well (also not her fault, she's used to her car slowing way down when she takes her foot off the gas, but she had just gotten it serviced and it doesn't do that anymore) and she said "I just paid it, too. I figure they can use the money". If she's not worried, I shouldn't be. So there's that.

Today I have the last Sinful Colors matte that I picked up. Leather Loose is just the perfect fall color. Deep brown base with lighter brown sparkles. Since it's matte it practically glows! I did some quick striping with top coat so you can also kinda see what it looks like shiny.



Two coats, super fast dry time. I always seem to have a bit of a problem when it comes to cleaning up these darker colors. Definitely need to work on that.



Gorgeous. Tomorrow I'm going to start "Day 1" of some nail art so the other three untrieds will have to wait a couple of days. ;)

I did dye my hair yesterday. Lemme get you a picture of the bottle real quick...



There we are. I got that at Sally's Beauty Supply for about $6.50. It smells so good! I've decided I'm not bleaching my hair anymore until what's been bleached grows out, so I just slathered the purple over the red (and brown roots) and left it in for... geez... six hours? The result? Well... I took a couple of pictures and two colors popped up:





Not 100% sure which one is accurate. o_O I know, I suck! Tomorrow is my father-in-law's birthday and there's a good chance he's going to want to see us so I'm going to straighten my hair in the morning and get some pictures like that. All these wannabe curls refracting light left and right... LOL I think, though, regardless of whether it's red wine colored or red-purple colored next time I have some money I'm going to go grab a bottle of blue and try to force it more purple. Which.... yeah, I should have done in the first place. :p

The fish are doing great. Albinos have calmed down for the most part and the pleco is almost twice as big as when we got him! Insane. Water's still a bit cloudy, but I'm working on that. Bit by bit. Everything's a process. Now to dig through my stash collection *ggrrr* and pick out some colors for tomorrow! I'll give you one hint: Dave Coulier. Thoroughly confused? Good! All will be revealed. Anybody that actually guesses from that gets a gold star. lol Have a great weekend and be safe! (^_^)"/"

16 comments:

  1. The hair is super cute!! Thanks for posting leather loose too :) How many untrieds do you have now? Urgh, I've got at least 30...need to work on that >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no problem. lol I only have three left at the moment. *sigh* lol I'm really hoping Julep has something super wicked awesome coming out for Halloween!

      Delete
    2. Here's hoping! I've been super unimpressed with Julep so far.

      Delete
    3. Right? I think they put out texture polishes, but never in the boxes? *ugh* Six more days 'til we find out.

      Delete
  2. Wow you change your hair color so often it seems! Do you do any special conditioning to protect them from drying and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I guess I kinda do. The 'unnatural' colors don't have ammonia in them so they aren't damaging on their own. When I do bleach or dye with regular dye I just buy conditioner for 'dry/damaged' hair and leave it in for the majority of my shower before rinsing it out. :) I don't generally run into trouble unless I go crazy and try to bleach it three times in a week...

      Delete
    2. Oh I see, I suck at conditioning, I always just get so lazy... :/

      Delete
    3. lol I've developed kind of a routine in the shower. I shampoo first and do my face and rinse all that off. Then I add conditioner and let that soak in while I'm cleaning the rest of me. ;) My hair is still pretty fried in parts from overbleaching, but it's finally starting to grow out.

      Delete
  3. love the hair! and the polish with a top coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nail polish is really pretty.pretty cool for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be! :D I should start writing down ideas... lol

      Delete
  5. I have been eyeing that color for a while now. Looks like I am going to break down and buy it. It is so pretty. Definitely a good fall color. I love the purple. I finally got all of my bleaching grown out and now I just need it cut out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh lucky! My nails grow pretty fast, but my hair? Nyu-uh. So slow! If you get it you HAVE to share pics!! ^_^

      Delete
  6. That colour is really interesting when matte, I love how the sparkles show through but I'm not so crazy about it when it's shiny! Dude your hair is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer it matte, too. ;) hehehehe Thanks ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!